A little garage tour in the 'hood today. Toronto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new day-a new tour.
I rode my Camaro over to a friends place to get my S2s back for the Wasp and replace the 1" pitch drive on the Roadmaster that I had sold and stored there.
I just thought that I'd share a couple of pics of the shop.

There are 1/2 dozen or so of these 3 speed N.O.S. wheels hanging around the shop. Mission Accomplished, the wheels have found their resting place.

Last edited:
Dude! a Mercury Econoline!?!? 65 I think?

Yeah, it's a Mercury. Canadian built, I think.
I can't remember what they call that model.
The same guy has a nice southern sun weathered wagon under cover there that has some real nice mechanical/braking updating as well. He's talking about going clear over patina.
I always drop by for a little show and tell when I'm riding something different.

The white Merc is an E100. Unlike the Merc trucks that were M100's.
All the Merc trucks were produced in Canada 1946-68.
Nice looking truck in the 5th pic, is it a unibody?

A frozen 'Bird I spotted nearby recently.

I noticed this thread has become kind of Ford heavy, so here's a pic of my old Roadmaster with another neighbourhood sled from last year.
...and no, that was not a comfortable saddle set up either.

man that is my kinda shop I love it.
btw I see you are a fellow huffy Camaro owner their pretty cool bikes I like the red on yours is that original? it gave me an idea to do with mine to make it original.
I never knew mercury had a van or made trucks either guess we learn everyday.
thanks for sharing
sean

Yep, that's the original Orange paint.
I've put it together a few different ways, but will likely put it back to stock set up when letting her go.
I'll try one more time to suggest to my friend that he really should own it as he has a '69 Chev Camaro too.

wow, wow, amazing bikes and cars, and that shop! It must be nice having all those like-minded people around - thanks for sharing your 'hood.

I found this little '67 gem a block from my house and it'll be gone tomorrow. It turns out that I know the owner and he said he just gave it to friend.
There is a very good chance it could have been mine if I had expressed interest earlier. Dang! Ya snooze, ya lose.:(

and hey, if you want a nice Evans, hit me up. It would be shipped from Toronto, but we can talk.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/latefordinner/media/TheHideoutandBatavus005_zpsa62a619f.jpg.html
Wait wait, what! There are half a dozen of these wheels?!?!!!
I want one. How much?

Lol, Yep 6 of 'em last time I was there.
I thought those might have caught someone's eye a bit sooner.
They weren't flying off the shelf the last time I was there and the price was = to $50 U.S.
The bad news on those though is they're in Canada and the shipping would easily run that much $+ to Ks.:43:

Lol, Yep 6 of 'em last time I was there.
I thought those might have caught someone's eye a bit sooner.
They weren't flying off the shelf the last time I was there and the price was = to $50 U.S.
The bad news on those though is they're in Canada and the shipping would easily run that much $+ to Ks.:43:
Hmmmmmm. I have family up north. And one who travels about a lot playing music. Maybe I can get someone to sneak over to Canada to get me one. Are they for 20" tires?

Yeah they're 20".
Maybe I'll get some more detailed pics this week and post them here.
I don't know if by me possibly sending them to your folks up north would help cut costs in the end or not.
The CDN shipping cost for me is a fact of life and usually a deal quasher for sending my stuff south.
Anyone want the Evans Olympic???:soapbox:
I swear, I'll burrito it and brush paint if flat black with polka dots if no one speaks up soon!:crazy:

Latest posts

Back