Screamers!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
502da8f6-f62a-494c-a1e5-40239a9427bc_zpsdafed655.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
That seat is very cool, not sure I have seen one like it before.

Luke.
Thanks, The seat was on the bike when I got it so I guess I'll never know what ever happened to the original. Who knows, if could have been sold like that, it's a mystery to me. Honesty, I'd really like to get ahold of the seat in the above picture. I'm certain that's how it should look.

Don't sell that seat!! It is correct for that bike. In late 1970 they changed the seat from the hard foam seat in the top pics to this seat. You should be able to pull the seat cover over the pan and glue it back in place. It is most likely a late 1970 bike because in 71 they put reflectors on the sides of the fork tubes. It should have a spring sissy bar because it is the deluxe model with the springer fork and drag brake shifter. They made a lesser model with a 5 speed single shifter and non springer fork and non springer sissy bar.

I agree! Keep that seat on that bike, that is the original, and any nice seat for a Screamer is tough to find.

Don't sell that seat!! It is correct for that bike. In late 1970 they changed the seat from the hard foam seat in the top pics to this seat. You should be able to pull the seat cover over the pan and glue it back in place. It is most likely a late 1970 bike because in 71 they put reflectors on the sides of the fork tubes. It should have a spring sissy bar because it is the deluxe model with the springer fork and drag brake shifter. They made a lesser model with a 5 speed single shifter and non springer fork and non springer sissy bar.
Thanks for the info, I've been kinda looking for a spring sissy bar. I'd like to eventually change that. Do you think the sprocket is the correct one for this model? I have seen those on the Screamer 2. Other than that I think the bike is original.

I agree! Keep that seat on that bike, that is the original, and any nice seat for a Screamer is tough to find.
Haha, I know. For a while I was looking for a seat and sissy bar like the one's in the first picture above. They don't come up for sale very often. When they do they're pricey if nice or they're not in that great of condition.

Haha, I know. For a while I was looking for a seat and sissy bar like the one's in the first picture above. They don't come up for sale very often. When they do they're pricey if nice or they're not in that great of condition.
Do you think thats the original sprocket as well? That's another thing I'm not sure about.

The way I think it is on Screamers is that the 5-Speed with the drag brake shifter has the 5 spoke sprocket. Jaxon would know better than I would though, he has had quite a few over the years.

Whoa, thats nice...Real nice. I like how you used the different color flag valve caps. I have a set of orange and glitter yellow. I was thinking about doing the same thing, I still might. I'm a Schwinn guy but these are some beautiful bikes, no question about it. I remember the day I got mine, I felt like a kid, I was so excited cause I never thought I'd ever find one in decent shape. Your's is really great.

Thanks, It took me a long time to find one in nice original shape also.. yours has the BMA sticker, so it is a 1971 also. not sure why it doesn't have the reflectors on the forks, maybe an early one and they used old stock parts on it. or it was changed at some point.. either way It's really nice and I wouldn't change a thing.

Latest posts

Back