Welding earth clamp

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the shed, close to the beach, QLD, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this totally awesome oldskool welding earth clamp at the scrap yard for ten bucks today!

:113:

7rV3pHm.jpg

Went to a farm auction years ago, there was a ancient 300 amp forney welder cables rods crappy helmet and all. I joked to a buddy "look at that pos" He told me some of those old welders were really good and I won the heavy monster for the opening bid of $25. I'm still using it today on the farm and it's saved me A lot of $. All I did to it since I bought it is blow the dust out of it and oil the cooling fan. Just like bikes, they used to make a lot of stuff better in the old days.

Went to a farm auction years ago, there was a ancient 300 amp forney welder cables rods crappy helmet and all. I joked to a buddy "look at that pos" He told me some of those old welders were really good and I won the heavy monster for the opening bid of $25. I'm still using it today on the farm and it's saved me A lot of $. All I did to it since I bought it is blow the dust out of it and oil the cooling fan. Just like bikes, they used to make a lot of stuff better in the old days.

Photo? :bigboss:

Yes it is a tank really heavy duty!:)
I know what you mean about duty cycle! I used to have a cheapo century wire welder started shutting down to cool off after a few minutes of welding - annoying! Welded up my front end loader 3/8 to 1/4 inch plate - think it was running 250 amps - probably do it all day long! I do leave it set a few minutes Idling when I'm done using it to let the fan cool it down before shutting it down. Never watched our electric meter while it was being used though. :dance2:

Latest posts

Back