Hello from Las Vegas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
what's up fellas. I just recently joined this so I could purchase a prewar frame/fork combo, but I've been looking at this site for years. I gotta say some of you Kats are amazing with what y'all can build!!! I was born into loving bicycles. My ol man would hunt them down and turned me onto it at a young age. Now I'm a single father raising two daughters alone and they go with me to hunt these old bikes down as well. Circle of life I guess lol.. My 9 year old just helped me hunt down the missing parts to my '46 dx and even got her first smashed finger putting it together :) we live an authentic vintage life and I'm a purist at heart. I like original bikes and will take my time putting them back together. I have done a few builds in the past (nothing like what some of you can do though!!!) but through and through I go for the prewars-late 1950s.. I ride with a local bike club here in Las Vegas and I'm glad I finally joined on here.. Keep it greasy fellas :)

I'm in north las vegas. Good to see another on from the area.. Lotsa wash trails around in town and some neat off road stuff outta town.
If ya ever come to south vegas Ill take ya to a section of the pitman wash off pebble and eastern. Awesome ride mostly downhill and paved. The trees cover the trail making a tunnel almost and lights turn on as you approach. It takes you over bridges and under tunnels. My favorite ride out here for sure

My favorite ride at the moment starts at valley and tropical. About a 12 mile figure eight thru wash and drainage trails. The other end of the eight is craig ranch park. I took the old predator out weekend before last and rolled in the skate & bike park there for a bit before circling back up the hill. If u ever get to north central on a saturday..

Last edited:
My favorite ride at the moment starts at valley and tropical. About a 12 mile figure eight thru wash and drainage trails. The other end of the eight is craig ranch park. I took the old predator out weekend before last and rolled in the skate & bike park there for a bit before circling back up the hill. If u ever get to north central on a saturday..
yea man i will have to make it out that way one of these saturdays for sure. i dont know too many people out here so its always kool to meet new people

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/im-back-hope-its-okay.88622/

Kenny,

See the above link.
Ive been abolished from thecabe! UN BE LIEV A Bull...

Also, what are you gonna do with that frame/fork? Lets see pics when youre done...?

Kris
Hahaha hey what's up dude.. Yea I saw you vanished I think I'm not too far away from the same result ..... I think I managed to piss off every old timer with money on there. Ask Chris about it lol. This site is more our speed I like the dudes on here a heck of a lot more. And my buddy is bringing me the rollfast next week when he comes out here from riverside. I'm gonna do a military build I got some prewar wheels that are ratty so I'm just gonna olive green the whole frame and wheels and do something kool

Saw tons of army colored spray paint at Hobbytown a couple weeks ago, they also have it in airbrush colors as well.
I did a bomber bike last summer for a car show to with a 42 Buick I still got the paint. I scored a bunch of cans from the company that has the contract for the military. For an aerosol can it lays down like glass way kool paint. Does hobby lobby have stencils for the lettering do you know?

I did a bomber bike last summer for a car show to with a 42 Buick I still got the paint. I scored a bunch of cans from the company that has the contract for the military. For an aerosol can it lays down like glass way kool paint. Does hobby lobby have stencils for the lettering do you know?
Yes, Ive seen lettering stencils at hobby lobby. I think I saw some at Blick Art also. Decatur and Meadows.

Hahaha hey what's up dude.. Yea I saw you vanished I think I'm not too far away from the same result ..... I think I managed to piss off every old timer with money on there. Ask Chris about it lol. This site is more our speed I like the dudes on here a heck of a lot more. And my buddy is bringing me the rollfast next week when he comes out here from riverside. I'm gonna do a military build I got some prewar wheels that are ratty so I'm just gonna olive green the whole frame and wheels and do something kool

Kenny, Sounds like a cool idear with the army style Rollfast. Be sure to post some pics!
as for tick'n off people over there, I found it doesn't take much :)
Like any forum, I think people interpret the text as they wanna see it and react accordingly. Ive done it myself. Trying to let go of the ill feelings. I really liked most of those members and it bites because it was just joking , and clearly stated.
I dont live my life that serious and it's not very conducive for my antics. In other words, I love to goof around and I would have eventually ticked someone off anyway :)
Good lesson for me to have learned.
Let me know if you need anything to complete that Rollfast build. I promised rustjunkie and Bri-ri that I would pay forward their gestures of kindness. I plan on doing as much as possible. It is Krismas after all...:dance2:

Kris

Kenny, Sounds like a cool idear with the army style Rollfast. Be sure to post some pics!
as for tick'n off people over there, I found it doesn't take much :)
Like any forum, I think people interpret the text as they wanna see it and react accordingly. Ive done it myself. Trying to let go of the ill feelings. I really liked most of those members and it bites because it was just joking , and clearly stated.
I dont live my life that serious and it's not very conducive for my antics. In other words, I love to goof around and I would have eventually ticked someone off anyway :)
Good lesson for me to have learned.
Let me know if you need anything to complete that Rollfast build. I promised rustjunkie and Bri-ri that I would pay forward their gestures of kindness. I plan on doing as much as possible. It is Krismas after all...:dance2:

Kris
I think I got mostly everything to use. I got some ratty prewar Ludwig wheels and a few odds and ends. I will be in the search for fenders for it so keep your eyes peeled for me. In vegas its me and a handful of other Kats that are into the vintage bikes so parts are hard to come by and if yA find em they are marked up 100% above retail.

Latest posts

Back