Is this something good or box store cheap MORE PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

s1373

Picked this up at the trading post thought it had some good parts on it what does everyone else think are they good or is it just a cheap box store bike and parts ?

Sorry about the messed up pics one is double and it skipped a couple in the first post .

Alex rims are usually pretty good, those ones were used by Redline and GT at times, not the high end bikes from memory, but still better than box store!

Anything with a GT badge should be fine, so the wheels are probably pretty good in they are a matching pair.

The stem looks interesting, I am sure I have seen that before somewhere...

Pinch bolt cranks are usually pretty good even in the lower end, unsure on what type or brand they are exactly though, they may be mid to high, someone on here will know...

The sprocket looks like it is a cheaper stamped steel style, but looks can be deceiving...

The frame looks a bit like a DK I had a while back, but not sure, I am thinking the bike has been pieced together from different bikes and parts...

Guessing by the fact it is threadless forks and U brakes, it would be late '90's onwards, the forks themselves are unlike any I have seen before, but my experience is limited...

I would guess it is not a box store bike, more likely a low to mid bike store bike, but I am only guessing, someone on here will recognise that stem I am sure and that may give a lot more answers.

Luke.

Edit: Just did a search and the stem I was thinking of was an Odyssey stem, but it is different, similar, but different...

From the parts that are on it I would say its a entry level bike.The GT hubs are not sealed but very cool hubs.The cranks are very heavy and low end quality.I would replace the cranks with some better ones and ride the heck out of it!

Also some of the (2000 year models) Schwinn's ran Alex rims.

Bmx museum is a pretty good source.

GT bikes usually have S/N on the bottom crank or near the rear wheel bolt.

I hope this helps with identifying
There is a tab on the forks for a cable seems like it in a odd place ? The forks kinda look like some Haro forks I've seen or some of the mongoose maybe and the bike favors some of the standard 125?? Or the Gt Mach 1 please don't take any of my guessing serious just been looking through the let me see your bmx posts and trying to find something similar I know nothing about these bikes

I think I might have figured it out seen a CL listing for a tony hawk bike and they look the same so don't guess it is anything real special ?

Latest posts

Back