NERRB Northampton, Mass Nightlife Ride 2 Saturday October, 18th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough about me, let’s get back on topic:

Some of us are making this a two day event – cool! Perhaps, next year’s NoHo-E’ton-NoHo Ride will be a Saturday night, Sunday morning breakfast ride! I won’t be able to stay overnight this year, but next year is definitely feasible. A two day ride is an outstanding idea! :)

hmmmm .... camping .....

If I had enough time to plan I could camp with Tim and Ian in the Airstream. Where is the nearest campground to the center of Northampton?

edit
all camping too far away, but I could park in Walmart lot for free and it's only 2 miles away from Tunnel Bar!

Ian, next year?

Last edited:
Cool, let’s plan this – there are several reasonably priced hotels within a mile of Tunnel Bar. If there are enough of us, we might be able to qualify for a group rate – make reservations, ride-in after the Saturday night ride and ride-out together for the Sunday Morning Breakfast Ride.

Hello,

There was a swap meet in Monson Mass. (I think it was Monson) last year around this time....is it an annual swap met? If yes, Does anyone know the next date adn location?

thanks,

BARTO

Hello,

There was a swap meet in Monson Mass. (I think it was Monson) last year around this time....is it an annual swap met? If yes, Does anyone know the next date adn location?

thanks,

BARTO
I’m reasonably certain Brian would know the answer to that question; his involvements in the “bike swap meet scene” is well known.

Considering how quiet September was for us NERRB’s, this late fall ride in NoHo should be a welcomed return to our riding together – miss you guys – it’ll fun riding with you all again!

Google Hippie Winter Clothing:
hippie-portrait.png

culture-hippies.jpg

With our ride occurring in late fall here in New England, the possibility of it being coolish is always there – tie-dye over a sweat shirt!? But, regardless of ambient temperature, shorts will be worn! :)

I am reminded of what George Harrison said after spending time
in San Francisco making the scene with a bunch of hippies in '68.
Thus with some regret I'm baling out of a Sunday ride and only
committing to Saturday,and may I suggest we start earlier as
night falls upon the town sooner now. Dig my jive,chickies?...Stevil

Your point is well taken, Steve. Would a 4ish start be better than the 5ish, it’ll buy us an extra hour of daylight riding (besides, I’m afraid of the dark :chicken: ).

In any event, on the premise of safety, we should all have some type of lighting on our bikes – even if they are just taillight blinkers.

I will have two Zéfal 3-watt, three-phase (high constant, low constant and blinky) LED headlights and two lower wattage Zéfal LED taillight blinkers. These lights, for the price, are absolutely awesome.

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014004_zps99bf3eed.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014005_zpsca9ceb9c.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014007_zps5815f77a.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014009_zps057dc6f0.jpg

Considering how quiet September was for us NERRB’s, this late fall ride in NoHo should be a welcomed return to our riding together – miss you guys – it’ll fun riding with you all again!

Google Hippie Winter Clothing:
hippie-portrait.png

culture-hippies.jpg

With our ride occurring in late fall here in New England, the possibility of it being coolish is always there – tie-dye over a sweat shirt!? But, regardless of ambient temperature, shorts will be worn! :)
Good point! I'll bring my Drug rug errr...my Baja Hoodie :)
N1nYClA.jpg

Every decent hippie has one of these !

Your point is well taken, Steve. Would a 4ish start be better than the 5ish, it’ll buy us an extra hour of daylight riding (besides, I’m afraid of the dark :chicken: ).

In any event, on the premise of safety, we should all have some type of lighting on our bikes – even if they are just taillight blinkers.

I will have two Zéfal 3-watt, three-phase (high constant, low constant and blinky) LED headlights and two lower wattage Zéfal LED taillight blinkers. These lights, for the price, are absolutely awesome.

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014004_zps99bf3eed.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014005_zpsca9ceb9c.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014007_zps5815f77a.jpg

2006SchwinnManta-Ray93014009_zps057dc6f0.jpg
Also those strategically placed poles are easier to see with light...if your eyes are open....:blackeye:

You are one lucky lady, Jane; that was one hard hit. So here is some inspiration:

Hippy Armor (provided you put your tie-dyed shirt over the armored suit :) )
Yamashita.Shunya.full.1201607.jpg

All joking aside, how about if we keep it to the original 5P start, after-all, this is a Nightlife Ride! :D

Well, it is 43-drgrees outside right now – cool – very cool – riding in this will require warm gear – obviously – but then again, cutoff for riding the Yamaha Morphous is 27-degrees (provided there isn’t any ice or snow on the ground) – so, riding a bicycle in 43-degree weather is a ride in the dark!

Two weeks to go before we ride together again:

One more week. Cant wait to ride with you guys again! So what's the deal with costumes? Tweed? Leisure suits? Hippie Armor? Come as you are or all of the above? Also Trina and I are looking for a ride back to the hotel at the end of the night. Its only about 2 miles away from the meeting place. We will ride there but don't really feel comfortable riding back in the dark. Anyone have the room for two people and two extra bikes for a ride back?

Latest posts

Back