Quickie "build" on my old Trek cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I thought I'd share what I did this afternoon with my old Trek cruiser. It was blue and had a busted back wheel with a gnarled up hub and a couple spokes broken. I threw on a heavy duty rear wheel with 12 guage spokes. Unfortunately it also has the Highstop hub, but I got about 500 miles out of the old one and I never greased it. This one might fair better since I've actually taken the time to grease and tune it. I also painted the frame satin black and the fork primer gray. Put a new whitewall on the front for the mismatched look, and topped it all off with a new brooks B-66 saddle (which I love). The handlebars are just some beach cruiser type bars off of a univega (I think). I put a Renthal motorcycle handlebar brace on it and I think it looks pretty cool. Plus it does a great job stiffening the bars.

So that's it. Not much to it, but I like it. It'll last until I decide to finally chop the rear portion of the frame off and fix the goofy aesthetics of this particular frame. I'm formulating a plan.... till then here's how it's going to look for a while.

TREK1_zpsd724fdc8.jpg

Latest posts

Back