Etta

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Troy!
Glad to see you picking back up on this one.

so figured it was time to get going on Etta again and finally relized that I did not have to bend the curves for the fuel tank since I have this

will cut it along one side of the cap and widen it the width of the top tube plus the with of the gas cap. Trim off the stamped seam and braze it back together, then modify the frame to fit around the tank like in the pic. of what i wanted Etta to look like from this years build.

so tomorrow I will split my day between wildcat Scotty and Etta with my goal for etta finishing the front forks and priming them. need to buy a better welder so the welds are not as clumpy but will file, grind, fill and sand them tomorrow.

oh and in My Spare time, since I am running a front disk, want to do a double brake for the rear using these (maybe)

Troy

Nice! Those brakes remind me of those flip flop knives.

got a lot done on the frame today when I got home so

Here is my start point today

cut the rear triangle apart

extended it by 4 inches on the bottom 2 on the top

the blue bar will be welded in to help stiffen the stays and I still have to add the new seat post

so my welder weirded out today so will look at repairing it tomorrow. with the longer stays I made up for the loss of 3 1/2 inches of wheel base. the fender will also need mounting and the duel rear brake plates added so still have a ways to go!! so will Put in a day on Wildcat Scotty when I get home from shift on saturday!!

Troy

Last edited:
With the new gemetry, I don't think you need the blue braces either.
If you do decide you want braces, maybe you should use some curved canti tubes cut from another bike and make the braces follow the curve of the tire/fender.

With the new gemetry, I don't think you need the blue braces either.
If you do decide you want braces, maybe you should use some curved canti tubes cut from another bike and make the braces follow the curve of the tire/fender.
that would look good!! thanks B!

Latest posts

Back