How To ID a None Stamped.?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
How can ID a none stamped Ashtabula stem.? I see them posted as Ashtabula but how can you tell.? Just trying to educate myself on this..

So no way of IDing a none stamped Ashtabula stem.? There selling Schwinn stems and claiming there Ashtabula's.? Someone Please explain to me how this works.. Just trying to figure this out..

My understanding is that "ashtabula" was used as a reference to a forged component, as opposed to a formed, bent, and welded, sheet or tubing type. Such as a solid blade fork, solid gooseneck, or one piece forged crank (as seen on Schwinn) whether it is an "Ashtabula" branded item or not. I have been wrong before.

Well I know that the one way to tell on a " Ashtabula" fork "Stamped or Unstamped" is the small reinforcment bridge under the steer tube and the cranks are marked on the center between the bb threads.. But on the other hand I been trying to find out how to ID the unstamped stem, besides the raw casting "black" color..

Latest posts

Back