Comments on B O B's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had someone ask me yesterday if I planned to sand down the rusty metal and paint it.:21:

5bafddf7-cb8c-4385-89b1-84c03b5bb9a8_zps9615422e.jpg

Had a flash mob of about 20 people surround my bike on Sunday when I took it out for a ride and stopped for pictures, along with the slow down long looks from drivers by.

Can't wait to get my van fixed so I can take Chunkpunk downtown Cleveland for photo ops.

I ask this guy could I take a picture of my bike with his car. He said it's on the street and it's a free country. So I said to him well you still have to show respect. He said thanks. He asked is that guns on ya bike?!? Dang ain't nobody gonna mess with you he replied. Yeah I'm so South West Philly. I explained to him about the build off and he liked the idea. Thanked him and rode off.

I had to go out to the garage and see if my bike was really as bad as the voting reflected... Nope it's still cool. With wishes in one hand and my bike in the other, I've still got a handful of bike. I suppose plexiglass, vacuum tubes and cymbals don't belong on a bike...
Hahaha, whatever dude, you ain't the one riding it!

Carl.

Carl id ride your bike all day long. my boss asked. what's the handle for on the back of your bike? I looked at her with straight face and said thats my E brake. Then after I stopped laughing I explained what a scrubber brake was.

Took the hooligan over to get smokes and had three hookers taking pictures of it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I've had the slow down stares from cars. The best was buying the chains..."oh, fixing up a few bikes" Me: "no, just one."...blank stare. lol
:21: Brilliant!

I bought a chain once at a bike shop for a stretch, and went back the next day with a receipt asking if they had a few extra links as it was too short, they gave me all the left over chain they had... Awesome!

Luke.

:21: Brilliant!

I bought a chain once at a bike shop for a stretch, and went back the next day with a receipt asking if they had a few extra links as it was too short, they gave me all the left over chain they had... Awesome!

Luke.
I unfortunately have to deal with Walmart for chains. Otherwise I pretty much Amazon or Craigslist what I can for projects. My LBS has ticked me off too many times. I tried my best to deal with a small, locally owned business, but I can't tolerate getting taken advantage of. I can't wait to move to a different area and hopefully find a cool shop to work with!

Thats really too bad. Do u mean they charge too much?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

We have two high end bike shops here and 1 looks at my bike like sacrilege...
They other are a younger couple and they love my bikes...
but really have nothing in stock I can use.

Carl.

I got a high pitched "Ooowwwwww!!!" going around the block saturday night from a family party out on a front lawn down the street. He seemed pretty excited about it.

Earlier in the day, I saw them chuckling as I figured out how to get it to fit in the back of the ranger. Rear tire hanging over the end of the tail gate et al.

On the trail, a guy walked past with his family and said *That's a really cool bike! What'd u make it for?* I told him, was for something fun todo and I had always wanted a home made bike like this and had found RRB.com and it prompted me to do it. Gave him the site info and told him to check it out.

Latest posts

Back