DRAG KING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who are just now tuning in, I should mention that the tank is not really rusty metal, but is actually fiberglass. I started by hand shaping the tank halves and followed by creating molds for reproducing them (I have done several sets already) in fiberglass. I then finished it up by applying a real rust finish.

100_6269_zps1ae81b18.jpg

Graphic1_zpsf35be5c2.jpg

100_7382_zps2801fc5b.jpg

:41: What a masterpiece :praise:

Really love that Drag King font. Is that obtainable or did you create it?

Glen.
I'm glad you like the logo! Sorry, but I created it myself.
Just noticed how the Dana 'kinda' looks like a small motor on this bike.
I've had several people ask if it is an engine, that was what I was shooting for.:) I'm sure you'll get a chance to ride it sometime!

A whole bunch of cool crammed in to this build. Sometimes I wonder if 50 years from now there might be some of these build off bikes in somebody's collection... If so, this should be in it as a prime example of the breed.

Great job, Rg

Last edited:
Well executed details and fabrication, neat bike.

Thanks everyone! :)
I added a few pictures to my bucket for anyone interested.
Here's one with a cool rat truck at a cruise-in here in my town. The guy that owns it and his buddy where very interested in getting into rat bikes after we talked a while. It's hard to tell, but I'm wearing a RatRodBikes shirt.;)
withrattruck_zps752d88da.jpg

"Talent on loan from God."

Exceptional build.

furyus

Yeah! I love all the photo's in this thread along with watching the build process. You have definitely have captured the old hot rod/rat rod vibe. A lot of small details that add up with a point. I also dig the transition vid from start to finish progress. This bike has seen a lot of cool transformation.:praise:

Latest posts

Back