*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good. Is the sidecar going to be permanently attached? Is it heavy as it looks?

Carl.
Yep, she aint light.... No it will be detachable to the bike and also the sidecar chassis(or I am hoping) will be a flatbed sidecar,so I can also carry a bale of hay or a coffin or etc...:grin:

It is looking great, but I am a little concerned that the engine is going to be under powered for all that weight.
Without the sidecar will be fine,the frame is ultra light,and the side-car(torpedo) will be just bolted on with for bolts,that way I can use the sidecar chassis as a flatbed...

Something simple like this...
02.jpg

That way I can change it.Carry what I want.
Gamages_sidecar_2.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-12561,_Berlin,_Fahrrad_mit_Beiwagen.jpg

My favorite pic.
93438.jpg

So I have a side-car question.
If I use the same size wheel for the sidecar,I am guessing that I should set the wheel 7-14inches forward of the rear for better turning?
I see some sidecars are on par with the rear,but the wheel is smaller...
Any brainstormers out there:39:

Ya, them last couple pics got me thinkin'... Which side of the road do the drive on in Greece, and which side is the sidecar going to be on?

I think that if the sidecar wheel is forward of the drive wheel, turning towards the sidecar will be making the side tire scruff at an angle... There's gotta be some info out there, maybe google up some side car geometry... Good luck.

Carl.

When I went to Athens they drove on BOTH sides of the road! I'm kiddin', but it is kinda true, especially for the scooters.

Rg
Yep RJ your right!!! We drive and park where we want to gen in the middle of the road,no seat belts,no turn signals,no helmets...

Ya, them last couple pics got me thinkin'... Which side of the road do the drive on in Greece, and which side is the sidecar going to be on?

I think that if the sidecar wheel is forward of the drive wheel, turning towards the sidecar will be making the side tire scruff at an angle... There's gotta be some info out there, maybe google up some side car geometry... Good luck.

Carl.
I did a lil research,between 7-14inches from the rear,and the side car wheel should be around 1/2 inch pointed inwards?
I think 14 might be to forward,I will start with 7... Thanx Carl

I want to build a sidecar bike so bad. Maybe after BONINE that will be my next project. Your bike is looking great. Good idea of using a water heater as the sidecar too.

Best bet is to make the sidecar wheel adjustable, at least until you test ride it. Think of the sidecar axle as a pivot point, farther forward puts more of the sidecar weight on the rear wheel, farther back puts more weight on the front wheel. Here's a poor quality pic of mine...
ehu5u6e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best bet is to make the sidecar wheel adjustable, at least until you test ride it. Think of the sidecar axle as a pivot point, farther forward puts more of the sidecar weight on the rear wheel, farther back puts more weight on the front wheel. Here's a poor quality pic of mine...
ehu5u6e7.jpg

Thanx IB ,good to know. I will do a few mocks,my idea is to start the sidecar chassis next month...If all goes well,its the last thing to build.

I want to build a sidecar bike so bad. Maybe after BONINE that will be my next project. Your bike is looking great. Good idea of using a water heater as the sidecar too.
Good thing about the water heater is,when it rains you have a bath tub...:21:
Also it comes in many sizes and shapes...:thumbsup:

Had all the intentions to work on Bam's frame and finish today...
But my back went last night,and I am walking around like a ole lady.
Maybe I should build one of these with wheels instead...:21:
old-lady.jpg

Web+Comics+287+-+Puns+-+Spring+Chicken.gif

My back went out 3 weeks ago and it's still killing me. My progress has been going pretty slow on my bike because of it. Getting old sucks!!

Well i am shuffling around as I am bored... So I did a lil test to see if the 3" tires will fit on old thin cheap MTB rims 1.5...
Has anyone else done this?
I guess the rims ride on the tire?
What will the outcome be?

I put my 2.35 tires on a set of 1 1/2 inch wheels on my Evans. They look, ride and wear just fine. Plus, the chicks like it, and that's what really matters. Right?

:21::113:
Just as long as I'm not doing 50km and they blow...Dont seem to be a big problem.If my back is up to it tomorrow,will go for a spin and check em out...Moved hay bales today,so seems to have helped a bit.

ehu5u6e7.jpg

So that is what people are using their SRX's for.

Latest posts

Back