Raleigh bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today I saved this bicycle from being in its resting place as a Lawn décor. My neighbor had this sitting for over 10 years and today FINALLY had a yard sale. And I inquired about the bike and settled of 75 dollars. Idk if what it is worth but it has Rod brakes and a 3 speed sturmey. Also has a very old kick stand to it.

Serial is Y185770 and on the hub Sturmey Archer it dated 38? So its a 1938 Raleigh Roadster?

On the Sheldon Brown site it shows a 1937 serial # of y184552, so that sounds about right!
Probably is! I don,'t know what its worth is. I do know that for being oldskool as dirt, they ride good!
Always wanted to "modern," one out, that is to "anti-rat-rod, it.
(Sorry for ultimate cursing on the site)

Looks exactly the same but I found out the color on mine is a forest green o_O I thought all Raleighs were traditional black

They are typically green or black.
Very cool score!

Well today the neighbor dropped by and handed me this carbine lamp... Basically when they bought the bike from the owner years ago they took it off and stored it away. Well found it today and thought It needed to be re united on the bike once more. It looks so perfect on the bike :oops:

The wheel size is a 28x 1 1/2 but the front rim is shot and don't know where to find a spare... My local bicycle shops told me there was no way of finding those rims at all :43: Also the lamp reads Universal Auto Lite

Well started cleaning the rust,dust and mold off and when I hit it with cleaner I found this odd ball arrow on the rear fender. Does anyone have any clue what it may be or is this a normal Raleigh decal that is faded?

The wheel size is a 28x 1 1/2 but the front rim is shot and don't know where to find a spare... My local bicycle shops told me there was no way of finding those rims at all :43: Also the lamp reads Universal Auto Lite

New rims and tires are very available as they are still making them overseas. check the spoke count before ordering, 32,36 or 40.

Yellow Jersey in Madison usually has a few different brands on hand.

I have a pair of ~70ish wheels available for $200 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Back