New Lowrider build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all gotta learn to weld I taught my self with a busted stick welder grabbed a heap of scrap and started welding. Could have sold it as a modern art master piece

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Lol that's what I'm doing but if looks a bit like a bike lool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok I see what your saying I think I'm going to try and make them work. I've made all the top bit like with the spring and the bracket that holds it to the head set that bit that looks like a loo seat lol I'll take some pics later the only bit in finding hard it what to mount on the old forks that I cut I was thinking a bit of one bye one inch tube then cap the ends drill and tap them what do you think ??

I think I get what your saying and would work,you could follow in the footsteps of traditional bentfork setup which is a straight tube,holes drilled through the fork and a nylock nut and bolt straight through the whole lot very simple,as you have material on hand you could do similar but more precise

I can easily(or someone else here) post up a pic of one parted out
This is what I'm planning to do
avy5u2u6.jpg

I've made everything sept the fork legs

Got telly pissed off with it as it's hard to weld and hold everything on line as I'm on my own. I snapped the weld after trying to line up the back wheel so now I've got to do if all again tonight

Really happy with what I've got done tonight got the chain stays on nice and in line with that frame and it holds me siting on it I thought it wouldn't with out seat stays but it seems on for now. All I've got to do now it make the springer fork legs and bolt them on a bit more welding a bit more grinding, filling , sanding , then paint should look really good I hope. Lol.

Let me know what you guys think :)
py6ehyda.jpg
8y6ahy5a.jpg
abyru9ez.jpg
yzezureq.jpg
yhugynev.jpg

This is my set up for the top end of the springers
atyraga2.jpg
myraqepy.jpg
a8yze5eb.jpg

What I'm going to do is put a but on the inside of the spring and a nut on the back near the headset so wen the spring is compressed the head of the bolt will pop out of the front and go back in wen it's not the fork legs will bolt on the side of the u shapes bracket. It's a really hard spring so it won't move that much. It's not like in going to go off roading lol

looks like you have it under control,one thing you would need to do is get a hard rubber bushing & washer between the head bolt and the bracket just to take away the clank if you hit a bump

looks like you have it under control,one thing you would need to do is get a hard rubber bushing & washer between the head bolt and the bracket just to take away the clank if you hit a bump
Yeah I was going to make one about 30 mm round with a washer on the head of the bolt should look ok I'm going to wait till I do them as I want to do all the welding and grinding on the frame so I can finish thinking how I'm going to do the fork legs I was thinking using a big bike chain and weld it in the shape I need and them make some brackets I don't know yet lol

i like this build
lot of good craftsmanship going into this.
glad to see you think outside the box my kinda thinking :rockout:
lowriders are usually just old stingrays or cantis with fan wheels and some flashy parts.
i like where you are going with this make it you're own.
looking great so far and i hope to see more of it when you finish it.
Sean

i like this build
lot of good craftsmanship going into this.
glad to see you think outside the box my kinda thinking :rockout:
lowriders are usually just old stingrays or cantis with fan wheels and some flashy parts.
i like where you are going with this make it you're own.
looking great so far and i hope to see more of it when you finish it.
Sean

Thank you Sean
Should be doing some more work on it tonight ;)

Unusual good!! Very talented build and great vision. Interesting you're using box section to build the frame too. Nice to see you ain't afraid to push on with the build in spite of not being great at welding, everyone has to start somewhere. i can't even weld!!

Unusual good!! Very talented build and great vision. Interesting you're using box section to build the frame too. Nice to see you ain't afraid to push on with the build in spite of not being great at welding, everyone has to start somewhere. i can't even weld!!
Oh thank you. I'm trying to make it on the cheap with what I've got and I've got lots of box section lol Yeah I've got a bit better at welding now I've welded the hole frame and didn't make one hole ;). I've only stick welded it's really easy as it goes

Latest posts

Back