Schwinn Cruiser Classic 1998 w/AS springer find!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a sealed bid at an estate sale on a 1998 Cruiser Classic :D , black & red with an AS bolted springer, this morning before me and the wife left for a weekend christmas shopping trip. The wife made the comment that "this trip wasn't all that bad now was it" (after shopping), I said if I return home and discover I won the bid on the Schwinn at the sale that day it would be a great day! It was a great day, I won the Schwinn Cruiser Classic with a $60.00 bid. An auctioneer friend will drop off the bike to me in the morning. I will post some pictures then on this local find. I believe this was the 100th Anv. year for Schwinn, would this be a USA made frame :?:

1995 was the 100th anniversary year. The "centennial" Phantoms were foreign made, but out of 5000 frames made for this endevour, it is estimated that only about 3500 were actually built as Phantoms. There was also a huge parts run done for sale @ this time as well. The bike you bought could very well be from this run. Post ser.# and location of ser. # as well as pics. Lets see what you got! :wink:

Here's a photo of my Cruiser Classic, springer yoke was reversed for some reason. Needs a good cleaning plus front fender brace. Middleweight tires might be replaced with a red balloon set.
SERIAL NO. #TY96053125 underneath crank.
wards049.jpg

Def not a centennial offering, but @ $60.00 a decent find anyway.

I discovered after a shot of air and a good cleaning that the tires are likely the original Schwinn Classic balloon tires 26x2.125. Although they look more like middleweight tires after being aired up :? .

I'd really like to be able to pin down a model year. I first thought it was from 1998 but the color scheme black/red were not 1998 offerings. This bike looks nearly new after a light wash/waxing, a couple of stickers one on the chainguard reads Genuine Authentic Schwinn the other on the downtube near the crank housing reads Schwinn Quality "The second century".

I placed a sealed bid at an estate sale on a 1998 Cruiser Classic :D , black & red with an AS bolted springer, this morning before me and the wife left for a weekend christmas shopping trip. The wife made the comment that "this trip wasn't all that bad now was it" (after shopping), I said if I return home and discover I won the bid on the Schwinn at the sale that day it would be a great day! It was a great day, I won the Schwinn Cruiser Classic with a $60.00 bid. An auctioneer friend will drop off the bike to me in the morning. I will post some pictures then on this local find. I believe this was the 100th Anv. year for Schwinn, would this be a USA made frame :?:
Let me ask you this, Are you selling this? Is anyone selling stuff on this site? I just joined, having searched for "schwinn cruiser" and linking here. If so, how does one purchase items? I? Hank

I bought the same exact bike about 1995 from the Schwinn dealer for $159. sold it to a friend he still has it! Pretty good bike!

Check the Date on the Original post Dec. 12, 2009 !
:crazy:

~RafaeL~

Spotted another one of these Schwinn Classic Cruisers the other day. Young teen riding it. He said it belonged to his mom and she got it from her mother. I guess it is one of those made 1995/1998.
0523150909.jpg

Latest posts

Back