Your Rat ridden most miles per year.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Maybe a fun look at your favorite Rat ride---(unlimited category-Ha!) that you personally put on the MOST MILES PER YEAR..

Here's my Schwinn trainer to start it off.
ed578fd0-0de4-45d8-a2fa-7618cbfebf70_zps58fce124.jpg

Build one!! No rules in forums. Maybe a better way of asking the question would have been, If you ride a ratbike ALOT as a commuter or long-distance rider, I want to see the bikes' design elements. Like a purpose built RAT ride...

Shame on me for selling my rat!
I have a mutt, part mtb, part bmx, part commuter, and generally what I call a, "plunking," bike. I on/off road it, it can be fast, and it can slow pedal unknown ground!

1396177211302_zps3bd524bf.jpg

3 speed sturmey archer coaster, 700 wheels w/ kenda cosmos tires, shimano deore lx crank, bmx clip in pedals, mary bars, gt piston stem, $20 eBay seat, Gt Zaskar frame, gt bologna cut fork.

well my daily rider isn't technically a rat but it is a pos wal mart genesis 29 inch onex.
i have posted it in a few places..so i will spare the pictures
today i wrecked it and had to rebuild it back to stock so its stock with a few extras added (license plate handlebar bag and custom valvecaps severe weak sauce .lol)
i did put this one together i plan on riding as my genesis is high mileage. if it were a car it would have 100k already on it i ride that much.
24 inch schwinn dx pig bike i was gonna sell but it has grown on me and im keeping her.

i have fenders being repaired and will be painted flat black to match the frame.
there is some texture of the petina,but i spraybombed the frame and wheels.
apes are kinda flimsy,but cool.
i see it being my favorite ride.
Sean

[quot="slowriderz, post: 804612, member: 13061"]No matter what I build I always jump on the corvette for cruising around. It was the first old frame I ever scored ( actually won in raffle ) View attachment 2207[/quote]
That is saweet!

Lately been riding my rusty Murray around the block, as it is so much more work than my Specialized Crossroads it is more productive for my exercise program......No pic, just imagine a typical rusty 60's Murray being stripped of paint and set outside for two years...with mountain bike tires and wheels, and a Wallyworld saddle.

This is my latest and present go-to bomber, a 1940 Shelby-built Hiawatha:

My wife has logged almost 6000 miles on this one, a 1951 Schwinn Hornet

Last edited:
That's a nice Hornet. I have a Panther that has that style of chain ring.

sent from my computer using hunt & peck/ cuss /backspace/ hunt & peck:cool2:

2007 Giant Stiletto “The LongBike”

Longbike001.jpg

This is the bike that has been ridden the most over the last five-years; rides in New York City; Burlington, Vermont; Hampton Beach, New Hampshire; Portland, Maine; Ayer, Massachusetts and Lake George, New York, plus on numerous local rides.

She has a custom horse leather saddle on the factory seatpan, with early Ross mountain bike metal brake handles, Puch moped front drum brake laced onto a 24-inch MTB rim, Shimano Rapid Fire 7-speed shifter, Shimano ultra-wide 7-speed cassette 13-34T; Wally World bullet handgrips and a Harley-Davidson tool bag.

She is an unbelievably comfortable, all day rider! :grin:

Last edited:
I am really liking the rides that are being shown here....really interesting to see the "faves" that are pulled off the rack first, especially the single-speeds. Nice.
I've just finished a new road rat that I had to disqualify from the buildoff because I started it before may, but I will post a few pics this next week...stay tuned for my self-disqualified Shelby Flyer straight bar that I call the "Pelaton Punisher".

Last edited:
1953 Schwinn, probably was a Meteor. I got it in 1979 and just re aquired the frame. Possibly for a winter build off. It's been ridden all over Florida and soon will be ridden here in the Philippines.

2mwwjfq.jpg

Latest posts

Back