Rat Rod Show Ann Arbor Bike show 4-27-2014

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Larry here.
Just a quick note to let everyone who is going to the Ann Arbor Swap Meet in Michigan , I am hosting a " Rat Rod " show in building E. As the show chairman I am looking for our style of bikes, Hot Rods, Rats resto mods, Board trackers etc. Please no bmx ,road , mtn,or muscle bikes please. This takes place 4-27-2014 at the Washttenaw Farm Council Grounds 5055 Ann Arbor ,Mi 48103. Set up is at 7 am show is from 8 am to 3 pm
Or there about! This is a peoples choice show! I plan on announcing the winner at 2 pm.
Entry's are $5 per bike check. Or $7 paypal. There will be a " best rat" award given away this year along with a picture of the winning bike posted on the shows web site. As a bonus the winner will receive a 1 year subscription to Ol School rods. Magazine
If you have questions please email me directly [email protected] or the best way is a phone call. 9 am - 9pm est 248-762-0630 as I am not on this site much and will not be checking it often
Thanks hope to see you there
Hawthorne Larry

Last edited:
Larry, I will be to the AnnArbor Saline bike show. Probally will not enter the rat rod show but I will be stopping by.. On another note any body near the west Detrioit area there is always Hines drive park to cruze on Sat morning it is closed to cars so it is a good time to ride... Brian

Larry, I will be to the AnnArbor Saline bike show. Probally will not enter the rat rod show but I will be stopping by.. On another note any body near the west Detrioit area there is always Hines drive park to cruze on Sat morning it is closed to cars so it is a good time to ride... Brian
Awesome thank you for your support ! Stop by and say hi!! I'm in building E . Bring what ever if you can all rats done or not are welcome !!! I have heard of the ride you speak of . I will be making it out to one this summer for sure!!!

Ol' Skool Rodz magazine will be sponsoring the award for "Best Rat Rod Bike" at this show and I'll be photographing the competition for a future article. I'll also be on hand with my "Too Tall Arnold" Excelsior that we've been featuring in OSR and will have some free magazines on hand. I have a swap space in the same building as the Rat Rod Bike show. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Anyone know the hours on the rat show? What time is check in and when the bikes can be picked up?
I had "sold" Grumpy from RRBBO7 and was holding it for a local guy till the holidays. Well, the time came and he just couldn't swing it. Honestly, I can't say I am too upset over it! Anyway, it's been sitting in my basement covered up for over a year, so I think I'll bring it along to show

hhhiggins_2b.jpg

hhhiggins_3.jpg

Thanks but it does not look very ratty? Haha But it is Cool!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree. Most of the bikes on this forum, including the ones in previous build-offs, aren't "ratty" either. "Custom bike" would be a better description. "Rat rod" is probably the most misused term in the custom bicycle world as well as in the hot rod car world. The AA contest had everything from customs like the winner to ratty old stock bikes that looked like they'd just been drug from a chicken coop. The awards were "People's Choice," chosen by popular vote, and both were the deserving winners but certainly not rats by any stretch of the imagination.

Right I was there I should of read this forum before I went I would of said Hi and I picked up Ol skool rodz at the show and I was like what?! This article is about memory lane and AA, Way Cool!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree. Most of the bikes on this forum, including the ones in previous build-offs, aren't "ratty" either. "Custom bike" would be a better description. "Rat rod" is probably the most misused term in the custom bicycle world as well as in the hot rod car world. The AA contest had everything from customs like the winner to ratty old stock bikes that looked like they'd just been drug from a chicken coop. The awards were "People's Choice," chosen by popular vote, and both were the deserving winners but certainly not rats by any stretch of the imagination.
Did you go this year???

I didn't get anything at the AA swap but I bought a 1941 Elgin "Miss America" and a 1950 JC Higgins Jet Flow off the Detroit Craigslist (they were in Ypsilanti).

Latest posts

Back