Best find I have ever made!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I sold a "cheap" car to pay for this one.
aty2ytu4.jpg
jysygeny.jpg
ja2ese2e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

BEAUTY!!

20 inch frame. Im 6'2" and fit with room to spare. I was not aware that there was a bike big enough for me to be comfortable. I have always rode old Schwinn's and did not know this existed. All my Schwinn's are 18".

Some other cool features
Wide cross bars
Horn/ headlight combo
Tank/toolbox combo with OG key
Perfectly worn in long spring seat
Coffin chain ring
60th Anniversary sticker 1877-1937
Nice OG paint (take note of penguin design)
Good chrome drop centers
But especially the 20 inch frame!

Worth more than the cars. always will be........smooooth rider i'd bet.:thumbsup:

Very nice find! Schwinn made a king size canti frame for a couple years in the 60's, it was 20" also.

Ok I have seen it. Did a little research on the old interweb and found the Schwinn American King Size Middle weight. I now know what I'm on the hunt for. Could not find any for sale right now but if anyone has one I'm in the market now.

That's an awesome bike. If you're looking for tall frames, nearly every manufacturer did make them in the 30s. They are definitely not an every day find since an 18" frame would have been for the majority of the market who was buying bicycles. 20" would have been for the adults at the time.

Schwinn, Westfield, Colson, Huffman I believe, and more sold large frames. They are sought after since anybody 6' and up loves them.

I want a tall frame! I've never bumped into one in 30 yrs. of hunting old bikes. I do have a short 16" frame on a '41. At 6'2" I can hardly ride it. Gary

I've had one chance to buy a large Schwinn frame, but $200 was too much for just a frame and forks. Along with the American, I think the Heavy Duty came in king size those couple of years also. I'm only 5' 9" but the seat post is just past it's limit on a standard Schwinn cantilever frame for me.
I found a pic of one. I think it was only offered in 64 and 65.

2hdsks5.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back