Schwinn Ten Speed Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up an old Schwinn ten speed today Ser# DV502339 web says 58 I know thats wrong It has whats left of the same markings and is the same color (Red) as my 84 World but the frame is shorter and it has the freewheel front crank sprocket. Also it has the oblong white and red headbadge and my world has the small round one. I would like to know what year and model it is? Thanks in advance.

i think djbill would eb correct on it being 76-78 with the freewheel in the sprocket.
i know a few suburbans form that era had that setup as well as some of the varsity's
it's tough to determine a price on it without pictures but i know i have seen Schwinn road bikes going for anywhere from 100 up to 1200 bucks for the paramount so there's a wide variety there.
if it is in fact a suburban,then if in good shape you could get about 200 for it. some people like the comfort of the suburbans.
varsity are anywhere form 75 up to 300 depending on condition.
i just sold a tall framed varsity that needed a lot of work for 110 bucks.but it was ride able just needed work.
condition is everything on these form what i gather it seems the slightest scratch will drop the value drastically. but that might just be the pickiness of people.
hope that helps a bit.
my advice would be compare them on ebay to see what their fetching on there and maybe deduct about 20 percent of the prices and you should have a fairly decent opinion of value on it.

looks to be an 80's letour the front crank-set could have been added for owner convenience.
anyway now that i have seen it in its current condition the value that comes to mind would be about 125 give or take.
if you put new tires and soft parts letours hold their value rather good.
as i always say when guessing a value in it's current condition i would have it in my shop for 125 and would settle for 100.
cool bike i hope yu decide to keep it letours are nice bikes.
i believe they are 12 speed if the wheels are original.
hope that helps
Sean

Latest posts

Back