NEW FORUM DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the new forum, but the first page page I get to has adverts over it, like a double exposure, both work so it's a bargin I guess.

scroll through the msgs on this thread earlier about ie7. You probably need to upgrade or chance your browser.

I like the new forum, but the first page page I get to has adverts over it, like a double exposure, both work so it's a bargin I guess.
Jetsonsbrowserupgrade_zps3f3a370c.jpg

I have a 2005ish HP "Rat Rod" computer running Windows XP and IE8 which is the latest version that Win XP will run. So I guess I'm just going to look at the eBay adds as "Rust Blemishes". Once I get past them I seem to be able to navigate OK. I probably use Tapatalk more anyway and it seems to work fine.
Well in the process of downloading Google Chrome to get rid of my IE8 "Rusty Look", we'll see...

Well in the process of downloading Google Chrome to get rid of my IE8 "Rusty Look", we'll see...
So far OK, got rid of eBay scramble for sure, seems slower though.

One thing I am really liking about the new set up is the Alerts set up.
Getting a little red tag at the top of the screen makes it easy to keep track of the builds you are really interested in and even whole forum groups.
Keeping track of the current build-offs at the moment!

Luke.

Looks like you can no longer have an image in your signature.

One thing I am really liking about the new set up is the Alerts set up.
Getting a little red tag at the top of the screen makes it easy to keep track of the builds you are really interested in and even whole forum groups.
Keeping track of the current build-offs at the moment!

Luke.
I agree, I look forward to seeing the tag pop up!

Looks like you can no longer have an image in your signature.
I think someone was abusing it with a giant picture for a while and now the option is gone.:39::acute::21:

I think someone was abusing it with a giant picture for a while and now the option is gone.:39::acute::21:[/quote]

I did that for a few minutes once to stress test the new forum settings and play with the mods. :)

The old forum had a restriction of how much real estate your sig was. I think the current one just has a setting for how many lines your signature is. It is currently set at 2 lines which is plenty for anyone. If anyone currently has an image in their sig, they can't edit their signature without dropping the image.

I agree with the main goal of keeping sig lines a reasonable size.

I'm not sure what changed, but I can now upload files directly using IE10 (and RRB ProMembership). Before I would get errors no matter the file size and had to use Chrome.

I installed an upgrade to the gallery system.

They just put out another upgrade so I'll be uploading that one soon.

I have to say that after using the new forum since the change, I've really come to enjoy the change. A few little things to get used to but overall it's working great and I like the features you've included. I use a lot of forums and run three myself and you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

I have to say that after using the new forum since the change, I've really come to enjoy the change. A few little things to get used to but overall it's working great and I like the features you've included. I use a lot of forums and run three myself and you're doing a great job. Keep it up.

Thanks Nick!

It's always good to hear positive feedback. From an administrative standpoint, the new system is light years ahead of the previous set up. There's just a large learning curve in order to get everything running smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a "newb" and I like the way your forum's set up. You did a good job and
It's easy to navigate. I use "mozilla firefox as a browser and don't have any problems.
I never participated in the forum before the change, even though I wanted to. I only had a computer since 2008 and had trouble putting photo's on this site before the change, even with photobucket. I really had no one to teach me that aspect of a computer and being the independent person I am, I didn't bother to participate because of it.
Thankyou again for "the Pro- Member". It does a good job with the photo's and is easy to use. If I can use it anyone can!!
I now know what I missed all this time!
A good group of guys & gals! ~~~ :praise: ~~~

And I do like the"little people"
:bigboss: :comando: :dance2: :banana: :rockout: :headbang: :crazy: ~ :113: ~

Last edited:
The new 'Bike Wall' is really nice! It really streamlines the ePay search.

Are you going to have a tab at the top of the page for it?

I think so...still working on setting it all up like I want it.

Going to add a part search drop down as well.

The Top Traders feedback numbers aren't accurate. For instance Double Nickel shows up on the list with 6 when he actually has 10.

Latest posts

Back