FOR SALE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI
It would be nice if we can delete the thread if the item or items have been sold.

Also, if you want to delete an entire thread that you started, you can go to Thread Tools (upper right) and select Delete Thread

I mean other people do not delete their for sale ad after item has been sold I see like 199 post in the for sale section more likely an item is sold within 1-3 days.

As long as the Thread is marked sold that is fine. Eventually it gets pushed down the list. The old threads are a good pricing resource.

Sorry, I reread your first post.

They have generally been left and marked sold. This helps other for research. But I do see your frustration. Maybe we can archive all forsale post older than 30 days.

In my opinion, threads and posts should never be deleted unless they are offensive or break rules.

"For sale" posts should be updated by marking items "Sold" - as most experienced sellers do. Many items do not sell in 30 days, what would archiving do to those?

In my opinion, threads and posts should never be deleted unless they are offensive or break rules.

"For sale" posts should be updated by marking items "Sold" - as most experienced sellers do. Many items do not sell in 30 days, what would archiving do to those?

I agree with this. I actually prefer the way other forums do not allow editing of for sale listings once there is a reply. This, for the most part, forces members to accurately describe their items and terms of the sale.

I like the idea of marking an item as "Sold", but leaving the asking price. A lot of sellers replace the price with "Sold". The prices of these old bikes and associated parts don't have a blue book, etc. to guide us in values, so all we have is references to old ads to arrive at values.
If the asking price disappears, so does the knowledge!

I have thought his too. Reference prices on sold items would help us all. Knowing the sold price and the time it took to sell could also help us with buying and selling on other sites.

I too like to leave prices either to brag on what a good deal I gave or what an awesome profit I made! haha

I have noticed that some people (seemingly by request of buyer) have removed selling price probably because the person might be flipping it or parting out and don't want the drama of "but you only paid $xx for it!" which never matters anyway.

Like said, prices things actually sold for are a lot better reference than looking on eBay at what people are asking. (yes I know you can look at sold listings, but many don't)

I always leave the prices on mine after I mark them Sold.
If I have a Sale thread with multiple items, I cut and paste the SOLD items to the bottom of the thread. That way people don't have to scroll through stuff that is no longer available. All of my available items will always be at the top.

Another good practice is to make sure that the price stands out and is easy to see.
It's a bit of a pain when the price is embedded in a paragraph.

Latest posts

Back