schwinn spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think this is a 1950 spitfire judging by the chainguard and headbadge. any info would be appreciated. just a heads up the rack, fenders, chain guard and rims i will probably part out for cheap especially if for someone who needs for same year bike.

Yep, for a Schwinn the fork would be a blade style, chain guard is way off from anything Schwinn did, and Schwinn had a welded on kickstand. Also Schwinn frames of that era will always be smooth where tubes meet because they are not welded they are braised. Just a few tell tale signs.

Still an AWESOME Columbia though, someone just put Schwinn grips on it...(Lots of guys here would love those white Schwinn grips)

trust me i do not disagree but, how would u explain the headbage. it looks to be riveted. and long ago at that. i thought something seemed odd about this bike.

it does seem to be columbia built, General badged bicycle. not sure why some1 would go to the trouble of putting on a schwinn badge on it. i was happy with it none the less. thanks.

It's very easy to drive a couple of rivets through a badge. They probably just liked the badge and "Ratted" the bike with it.

yimmie said:
trust me i do not disagree but, how would u explain the headbage. it looks to be riveted. and long ago at that. i thought something seemed odd about this bike.

I've seen quite a few ' Schwinns ' at car shows that were non Schwinns with Schwinn badges added, not sure why ppl do that, since others are cool on thier own , no need to be somethign it isn't

Nice bike.

Latest posts

Back