Pedro's Summer finds!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Due to multiple issues, I have been keeping a super low profile recently. Mainly just lurking, and checking out the awesome 2013 build-off! I have had a bit of time to do some Craigslisting and picking over the last couple weeks, and found some fun stuff.

I picked this up last week. Bought from the original owner. I believe it is an early 70s Murray Eliminator. I don't usually go for banana seat bikes, but I can actually ride this one! It is in fairly good, survivor condition. The seat is really nice. No cracks or splits. Shifts like butter!

IMG_0465.JPG

One of the local scrap guys finally dropped off something I want! An old Sears 24" trike with 3 speed rear end. She's rough, but everything works.

IMG_0424.JPG

Spotted this in a local trailer court, along with a bunch of kiddy bikes and lawn mowers. I am thinking early 50s Spitfire with an aftermarket springer? It has a 24" rear wheel that is spider web laced. Sturmey-Archer drum brakes front and rear. Yes, those are profile cranks.

?
IMG_0425.JPG

Oh! And I found this hanging in a barn. It's a Schwinn something or other. She's a bit rough, maybe I should put her out on the curb? :wink:

IMG_0293.JPG

Nice finds. Straight bar Schwinn frame could have been anything...Panther or Hornet or... Gary

Luke - Yup, the Murray has 24 1-3/8" wheels. It is a really big for a banana seat bike. I have it parked next to my girlfriend's hybrid currently, and the Murray is nearly as large.

Gold Street Customs - Nope, not free. The guy was selling mostly bikes and mowers, so I stopped and looked. Didn't even see this until I poked around for a bit. Shows that it pays to stop at even the crappiest looking sales!

Out of all of the bikes, I think I am keeping the ratty Panther. Hoping to sell some stuff off, and find a really rusty cantilever tank for it. Otherwise, I will leave it as found. Still on the fence with the Murray Eliminator. It is a cool bike, but maybe not my style. I am trying to stay with the 40s - 50s tank cruisers as the main focus of my collecting. It makes my life a lot less complicated. :lol:

Latest posts

Back