Elginetic (The End)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elginetic

Ok, seat(s) are now SITuated. I wanted a lean seat for the photo contest, but a bare metal pan and my backside wouldn't agree with each other. :D
So I'm gonna' have 2.
This one for the contest;

And this one to actually ride on;

Those 5/8" seatposts are easy to exchange.

This is coming out wicked awesome!

excellent sex change!

:mrgreen:

Re: Elginetic (Now with wheel wheels)

Wheels are done, but what a P.I.T.B. :x A day full of the WWE. The second row was the worst. I highly recommend staying away from 11 gauge spokes!
The assembly process. This was the easy part, it was all downhill from there.

The finished product. I figured the brick backdrop was appropriate

Re: Elginetic (Now with wheal wheels)

Nice wheel tire combo.
Give that steel pan seat a try before you remove it. I thought for sure that my metal Flexy seat would be for show only. It turns out with it's shape and springs, it one of the most comfortable seats I have.

Keep up the good work!!

Re: Elginetic (Now with wheal wheels)

kingfish254 said:
Nice wheel tire combo.
Give that steel pan seat a try before you remove it. I thought for sure that my metal Flexy seat would be for show only. It turns out with it's shape and springs, it one of the most comfortable seats I have.

Keep up the good work!!
I even thought about going bare metal on my springer nanner seat which is not bad for ride comfort.

Mostly waiting for paint to dry at this point. Got headlamp wired up, but I have to repaint the front bezel.

Hmmm, looks like I need some new batts.

It's assembly day!!

Paint is done for the most part and it is what it is. No sanding down and re-deux. Times up and it's time to get crackin' :D
Ok, here's some teasers.

Re: Elginetic (Goin' Together)

Nice color combo and striping.

Beautiful color combo :shock:

I love the whole flow of the backbone.

Super COOL!! 8)

Frt end is on. Copious amounts of tape was used this time around.

Starting to see that lite....................

Looks like I'm gonna' make it. :D

Oh, yea!!!!!, it's crunch time!

And my pedals look like crap. So I went to the drivetrain bucket, looking for rat traps.
But found a set of Schwinn exercise pedals and they weigh like a pound each. Since the tires are fun enough to get going I really don't need more rotating mass. Went with a wood platform in what I could find in short order and I chose a 1" square of popular.
As it turned out, their natural color was a near match to the cream.

Couple of light pics.

Seat should be ready by tomorrow, what a ride!!!!

Alright time to rap this one up. All I have to do now is wash it and take pictures. Seat has the Elgin "V"" design, looks good and is darn near unrideable.

Well I got lost some weird tangent, this bike was far more work than I expected. I had an image of a ratty, rusted hulk, came out not even close.
Next years goal, be done by MAY 31st!!!!!

I have no plans for any more bikes this year so I'll be disappearing for now. So I'll see you guys and gals next year and good luck in the votes!

THE END......................................................

JoKeR63 said:
Alright time to rap this one up. All I have to do now is wash it and take pictures. Seat has the Elgin "V"" design, looks good and is darn near unrideable.

Well I got lost some weird tangent, this bike was far more work than I expected. I had an image of a ratty, rusted hulk, came out not even close.
Next years goal, be done by MAY 31st!!!!!

I have no plans for any more bikes this year so I'll be disappearing for now. So I'll see you guys and gals next year and good luck in the votes!

THE END......................................................
Great job done there...

Latest posts

Back