My latest cruiser, the Mamba

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest bike called the Mamba. All custom made from chromoly steel and fiberglass. This bike features lots of working (LED) lights all around including a pedal actuated brake light. The braking is accomplished with a motorcycle brake pedal mounted in the lower mid frame of the bike which activates a single rear mechanical disk brake (Avid). Also the bike uses a Nexus 8 speed hub with a custom gear shift lever. Finally a back-lit motorcycle digital speedometer is mounted in the faux tank (which also holds the 12V battery) and is hooked up to a hall-effect magnetic sensor on the rear wheel. The bike rides nice and smooth and the front springer fork does a good job taking out the bumps. Lots of custom CNC'ed hardware on this bike, such as the Mamba emblem, gooseneck, springer parts, and front chainring. Overall weight is 95 lbs. The other bike in the pic is my 12 year old custom "Panther".

Thank you!

Basically there is a stainless rod going from the brake lever to the back (hidden under the rear wheel fairing) with a spring on it so that the brake lever springs back. The rod transitions to a cable with using a custom coupler that goes to the disk brake. There is a limit switch that is actuated when the coupler slides past it when the brake pedal is depressed - the switch turns the brake light on.

Awesome ! The photography is top notch also.

Dude, that bike is insanely beautiful!!!! WOW!!!! :shock:

Both bikes are gorgeous 8) 8) ....the art deco lines remind me of the '30's era Chrysler Airflow.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Yeah, I was not sure about this color choice for a while but I think it worked out in the end - at least for me.... Had a lot of my friends joking that I was building Santa's bike for the Christmas parade... hey, but it could still work for that! :D Originally I was going to do black & silver...

I stopped liking stretch cruisers long ago, after I sold my dyno roadster, but your bike is straight art. I really dig the style. That is awesome work man.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words. I'm flattered to get positive feedback on this project from all you experts! This bike is a bit out of the norm..not your typical chopper styled bike.. so good to hear that you dudes dig the "look". Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back