show off your looptails!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current one under construction...

buvaje6u.jpg

Heres my Fuji sporting the ASHTABULA fork I bought from Rockit ( thanks dude! ).
I had to swap the bars & neck to fit in the forks ( I really like these better anyways )
all that is left is to strip the frame for paint, paint the bars & neck, replace the chain.
As for paint im thinking either a pretty shade of gunmetal gray ,dark silver, or green apple??? ( what do you guys think? )
The fork will remain in its naked glory! ( WAAAAY to pretty to cover it up )

I'll play....

Moosegoose

Monster Quad 29er (not the Chinese SE version)- built by Sal C., welder for SE, back in the day. One of 5 made in the US of A!!!

5am Ebay purchase...early bird gets the worm....
Original 20" SE Quadange

Mongoose KOS Cruiser

Mongoose M-1 (in the for sale section now)

Almost more JMC than should be legal!! I just listed some JMC forks today on the museum. I let them go because I seriously doubt I will stumble on the rest of the bike! HA. So many nice bikes though for real.

Holy COW! Some serious looptails here :shock:

I've got a looptail in the sale / trade section

Check it out
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73222

:mrgreen:

Here's my fresh looptail find...

I was over at my buddy's place picking up a laser level and he has a pile of old bike stuff about 4 feet high with grass growing through it. My boys (ages 8 & 10) are each building 20" "rat" bikes with mish mash parts so we decided to pick his pile for doner parts. Under a bunch of other stuff I found this old BMX looking bike. It has been a pretty fun ride after I adjusted the handlebars and got the seat post unseized. My boys put some fresh tubes in it for me and donated a front tire and some pedals. It has a drippy brushed on house paint job so I was thinking of stiping it down and doing something cool in satin with some fresh knobby meats since it has been so fun to ride.

I know more about older larger bikes at this point and I'm not real sure what I'm looking at here. A few searches suggests it's a really eary Mongoose with the lower gusset above the crank or maybe a similar style knock off but I really don't know.

Anybody have a clue what this is?

Not a mongoose but i dont know right off. I think you have a pretty cool bike on yer hands. I KNOW that I know the gusset. I bet steve will know. Maybe a Panda? Hmmmm...I think the forks are Tange X 500 a or 600s

heyslugger said:
Not a mongoose but i dont know right off. I think you have a pretty cool bike on yer hands. I KNOW that I know the gusset. I bet steve will know. Maybe a Panda? Hmmmm...I think the forks are Tange X 500 a or 600s

Yeah whatever it is it's fun to ride...

Another member suggested a raleigh rampar and the gussets do look right but the chainstays have a channel kind of piece right behind the crank and non of the pics of the raleighs had that, they had tube all the way to the crank.

The serial number is on the right side drop out right above the rear lug nut ant it is TH7808 if that means anything to anybody.

The fork is nice chrome and has cast looking bits with a deep recess where the wheel nuts go. It seems to have had tabs for a chain guard that had been ground off at one time.

So is it sacreligious to put banana seats on these things? I have one of a similar vintage laying here and I was thinking of trying it on. Seems like I have seen a pic ortwo of these bikes with them...

I ordered up some Demolition "Machete" tires in 20x2.35". Should be fat looking and grippy.

nothing sacriligous about having it just the way YOU want it...unless its a Hutch...or a Haro Master...Or a. Do your thing man! And also i hope your thing includes new forks so those can come my way!! :roll:

Latest posts

Back