She-Rat....what does your wife ride?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to get my wife out there riding with me and the kids. I was thinking a mixtie but I am open to other ideas. What do your wives ride and how did you get them to ride?

My wife rides a Electra Black Betty and really enjoys it.

ygavesyv.jpg

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Here is my wife's Dahon folder next to my monster Dahon Fugsley.

WP_000774.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Here is my wife's Dahon folder next to my monster Dahon Fugsley.

WP_000774.jpg

That is such an awesome before/after view. I think your tires are bigger than the original bike!

my soon-to-be's daily
261870_4011689525226_988137123_n.jpg

and her farmers market, lunch for the shop, grocery, and parts getter/shop bike. Still had the Schwinn Original Equipment tubes in it when I picked it up last year. Now if I could get her to use the 2speed kick-back it would probably get more mileage.
27990_465839986806570_597709148_n.jpg

This is a Schwinn Legacy I got for my wife. She is the reason I got into cruisers. I was strickly a mountain bike guy, but I wanted her to ride with me on the greenways. So I got her a hybrid that she absolutely hated, didn't like the gearing nor wanted to learn how to use it. She wanted a single speed cruiser like she had in college, so that's when I found the cruiser on craig's list for $30. After painting it, new tires, seat and some other add ons I decided I needed a cruiser too! Now that I have a few, I think I'm addicted. Soon I'll be building her another cruiser. Something special just for her.
If you want to get your wife to ride, ask her what she wants and not what you think she wants. I know from experience. Take notes on what she thinks is cool and go from there. Mostly have fun together!

6FCAFE7B-A2BA-4A33-BD86-DD8A1F4F0AE8-3160-000003052DF8935B_zpsfe323aa2.jpg

F528C444-9E8F-43CC-8B29-9AC13E150A22-3160-000003055B9DC727_zpsf899187d.jpg

The Renaissance Man said:
5917882607p

My wife prefers eight wheels over two. On the rare occasion that she will ride, this is what I restored for her:

100_4578_zpsafbff888.jpg

I've been on this site for maybe a year now and I think that bike is the coolest I've ever seen. I'm not sure why but just struck me. You know the feeling you get when you just see the perfect bike? I just had that a second ago. If I owned that bike I'd get a chineese velo solex knockoff engine and put it on the front wheel. It is an awsome work of art.

When I can get her to ride, she rides her Roadmaster with the shock ease fork! Rides like a Caddy. The square spot on the tank it a reflective decal some idiot put on it probably in the 60's. It now has a white seat on it. This is the only picture I could get to load from my photobucket hence the Higgins rust rat!

P1050440-1_zps348555aa.jpg

The best thing I could tell you is build something that takes a little thought and style it after things she likes. My wife said if I built her a bike she would ride it. So I started with a rusted up frame and finished with this and she loves it.
turtleladycomplete.jpg

I'd post a pic of my wife's ride if the photobucket was working. This forum would be really top notch if they hosted our pics for us like every other forum I'm on. Sad. :cry: Gary

My woman rides a DYNO Glide Deluxe when she rides!
Good luck my man, I ride and offer to have her company every time, she usually declines.
So I ride her DYNO!(It's a mens)
As far as styling the other guys are right, something she likes. Mine had been riding a Giant e-bike and told me she loved the extra weight and length.(typical woman)
So added HD rims and spokes, 3 piece bmx cranks, and 3" tires, it weighs about 50 pounds, it does ride good!
After adjusting the seat and bars!

B607 said:
I'd post a pic of my wife's ride if the photobucket was working. This forum would be really top notch if they hosted our pics for us like every other forum I'm on. Sad. :cry: Gary
I'm having issues with photobucket too. I have to turn my WIFI off at home so pictures upload. I wish PB would get their site together. You cant delete more than one pic at a time either. Anyway, sorry for the rant, back to the She Rats!

Thxcuz said:
The Renaissance Man said:
My wife prefers eight wheels over two. On the rare occasion that she will ride, this is what I restored for her:

100_4578_zpsafbff888.jpg

I've been on this site for maybe a year now and I think that bike is the coolest I've ever seen. I'm not sure why but just struck me. You know the feeling you get when you just see the perfect bike? I just had that a second ago. If I owned that bike I'd get a chineese velo solex knockoff engine and put it on the front wheel. It is an awsome work of art.

I wish she had your enthusiasm for her bike! Actually, I ride it more than she does. It's very smooth.
Good luck finding the right bike for your wife.

Latest posts

Back