50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

RollinLow said:
That's what I was looking for was a flat wound spring but couldn't find anything strong enough! Ill have to look in to that!! Thanks Curtis!

Welcome i just wonder if one could by just the spring from a parts store? Will have to do some checking.......Curt

I've been rearranging the shop the last week or so ill be back to working on it sometime this week. ive been pulling new wire to move all the welders and what not. Im about ready to tear it down and stuff so ill be taking a lot of picture!

5utedese.jpg
abyzuzyq.jpg

Just a few pictures of the shop mid rearrange . It's such a mess I can't bring my self to touch the bike I'd hate to lose something having to move it around.
And here's a photo of the first bike i did for my self it's a 80s huffy with a mild rear stretch
7ypupuze.jpg

Thats what you call a good mess it will be worth it all when you are done. Going to sheet the cieling in to?...........Curt

WOW thats big,should be super nice when all finished. We had -22 degrees here this morning. Thats what i have in my ceiling and i might blow in some more. My little home shop is 20x24 half of the garage. 24x40............Curt

Haha he's gonna outlive me! We pretty much share everything already. I've already scavenged a few parts out of the piles for my next project. Pre 70 sportster hard tailed with drive train and all running gear from my 06 buell xb12r

RollinLow said:
Thank you very much ! Well here got the headlight mounted and the bars slash cut to clear the massive light
y9yvytez.jpg
ebemy5yq.jpg
e3evame7.jpg
Dang that bike is just plain sick looking...

I'm also building on a Schwinn, but mine is a 58' Wasp which will have a 3hp AH600 Tecumseh 2 stroker on it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Man , your bike is killer ! also love your S2000 hard top , very classy ,almost look like a benz 8)

Very cool build! If you dont mind, i may hit you up with a few questions as i am starting a similar build.

-mark

Latest posts

Back