Evans Colson Scout Evanaction Springer Bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up today. Haven't seen but one other with this unique springer. Are they rare?

y3a8avup.jpg

qegusune.jpg

ybatumem.jpg

5upanety.jpg

sy2yje6a.jpg

1918 Ranger

Re: Evans Colson Scout Evanaction Springer Bike.

They're rare, but not unobtainable. Somebody was selling two of them on here not long ago. I want to say a clean complete springer fork can touch $300 on a good day, but I could be remembering that wrong. Searching Evanaction should bring them up.

That's got to be the coolest springer I've ever seen! Great pick!! 8) 8) If you part w/ it put me 1st on the list please!!

yeshoney was selling his polished one from the Paint It Black BO8 bike recently.

this springer is the easyer of the 2 evans-colson springers to find. the other evanaction springer is a lot more rare then this one.

Nick.

2manybikes said:
Nickinator said:
Rockit! said:
Nick, I didn't know there was another type. Do you have a pic?
1955-56 only

here you go.
That one looks a lot like the Cushioner that was found on earlier Colsons...prior to Evans.
I owned one, It was still considered the NEW evan action on all the ads I have seen, from Harley earls design

Those are sweet bikes, and the forks rule.

my buddy blane has an all chrome evansaction & bike he's built up, really sweet.

I found one of these a few years ago. Took it apart and refinished it. The springer is more for looks than action. The springs are static. There is a rubber elastomer under the stem/fork cover that gives some flex to the fork, some dampening effect. It is a cool looking piece though. The one I found didn't have the fenders and was gold in color.
Here is a link to the one I did: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48730

Thanks. This one does have some good play in the springers. It's a smooth ride.

1918 Ranger

I just picked up an Evans. I wish it had a springer like that. Badassery

Latest posts

Back