Knives

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here in Iowa. You can own 'em. Don't you dare carry 'em. I have a firearm I can carry legal. I'd rather carry a gun to a knife or gun fight anyway. Just sayin'.

Voyager Al said:
i have collected switcchblades for years. Its illegal to carry them. So I dont......ya know? Knife in left pocket,642 S&W in right pocket. Unless Im asleep.

Just a small amount of my collection

photo.jpg

I carry S&W sp-ops switch own several always have. We are in chicago its how it is. The crime is off the charts. MB

I remember putting a 5" blade sheath knife on my belt to go to church, I was 5 and when mom saw it, she flipped out, not because I had it (she knew I had knives, her and dad gave them to me, ok, just dad) but because I wore it to church.

I always knew better than to take them to school, but when I hit college I started daily knife carry. Normally a Gerber or Buck, always something with a clip. So I always have a knife and everyone at church and anyone I knows know that I have it. The last 2 I've been carrying are Kershaws, but you have to make sure you get the USA made Kershaws, they hold up better than the ones they contract out.

I was reaching for it just now, but Tuesdays and Wednesdays I go to the middle school and high school to lead Bible study and hang out at lunch, so I know to leave them home these mornings, but I constantly grab at my pocket and have a little "freak out" moment, then remember that it's at home.

I have a decent little collection of fun knives.

I have an array of different knives that I carry but my favorite is a very functional knife I picked up at my local hardware store. Has a seat belt cutter, glass breaker nub, spring assisted opening, and a Marine corps logo on the handle. Not the best but it's a good one and has held up well for me. If I remember correct it is 440 surgical stainless steel. My other (Boot carry) is strictly for self defense and is made to fit in your fist with the blade between the middle and ring finger.... Never had to use it and hope I never do but it never hurts to have it. :mrgreen: Then of coarse for late night bumps in the night I have my .380 filled with JHP.

image_zps9710147c.jpg

image_zps5822afdc.jpg

image-109.jpg

when I was in the navy I carried a double bladed blackwidow boot knife with just the tip sharpened when we was out on the town. Most times wasnt in the best parts of town :shock: That and a 6cell maglight. When I can carry a side arm I prefer my S&W 357 magnum

I taught shop type classes for 33 years, junior high, middle school, college and high school levels until retiring in 2005. I carried a Swiss Army type knife most of the time. Seemed like I was always needing a screw driver, pliers or needing to open a package or container. No issues, an occasional student comment questioning why I had a pocket knife in later years.
I still carry one, always have think about where I'm going when I get out of the car. More than once while traveling I've had to take a walk back to the car after finding that I had to go through some security check.
Onetime we were in Dallas at Fair Park and they were checking men folks at the gate for guns and knives. They were also looking in women's purses. We backed up and my daughter-in-law put my knife in the bottom of her purse and we went through with no problem. Once inside their were a couple of vendors selling knives, so much for security.

here's a pic of some of my collection. The first is a case with some of my switchblades.
DSCI0809_zpsf17e032f.jpg

This pic is some straight knives,boot knives,skinners,dirks,etc. Some custom built.Some cheap gift knives
DSCI0808_zps0c85ff01.jpg

and this case has old,odd,rare,neat,etc. Pen looking knife, with a surgical blade in it. Some are knives my dad sent me, knowing I like eagles.
DSCI0810_zps969034c8.jpg

Alright, this thread motivated me to pull out my shoebox of knives so they could see some daylight. As I pulled them out I thought of other knives over the years that I have given away or lost. Some are still around in other places, but this is the bulk of them.

Here they are:
IMG_2704_zps0b80dea1.jpg

And open blades:
IMG_2709_zps031973d5.jpg

(the little black Kershaw, bottom right beside the huge knife is my current everyday knife, many others in the picture are "retired" daily knives, but all still in top condition, I don't wear them out, I just get something new)

My wife's father gave this to me the day before our wedding. It is a Franklin Mint knife, pretty cool, the rear wheel on the tractor actually turns:
IMG_2708_zps0a55efc6.jpg

This one was too fun to pass up, $5 at Tractor Supply, and NO, I don't have baby hands, it really is that big:
IMG_2705_zpscbc95794.jpg

I originally planned to take it apart, due away with the gut hook blade and saw, cut the handle down and just have the one blade, but it's cool as is. The 2 outer blades have a mid lock.
IMG_2706_zps792a8642.jpg

I am suprised no pictures of Damacus blades... I can't afford one for myself!
Knive rules;
Never give away knives, you'll cutt your friendship.
Never hand a blade opened.
Cutt away from yourself.
Sharpen like it's the last time.
Treat every knife with respect.

I will look for pictures of the Damacus blade I gave Dad a couple years ago....

Here is the blade I got my Dad couple years ago;

knife_zpsbf224580.jpg

knife2_zpse28bde93.jpg

These are hand made, cost about $175ish, or I should say $175 and up! Joe Farkas, look him up on facebook, or i can direct you, just PM me for his e-mail. You can design your own shape knife, the metal work and colors are up to Joe.

Latest posts

Back