Schwinn Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I walk into this "trendy" bike shop in Brooklyn that sells 2000 dollar fixed gear bikes and skateboards. I see an Old school in the corner. A few questions later and its mine.
20121202_162818_zpsb5c688ee.jpg

Thanks Clancy..
The wheels are not original. Can someone tell me what rims come on this model?

RatSphinx said:
FaceOFFbikes said:
Thanks Clancy..
The wheels are not original. Can someone tell me what rims come on this model?

'54 should've been 26x2.125 S-2 Rims. Those fenders look kind of skinny. You sure it's that year? Did you check the serial #?

http://schwinncruisers.com/bikes/hornet/#1954-hornet
I checked the serial.. L5 xxxxx. Thats what is confusing me.. it looks like a middle weight..

The Hornet did not go to a Middleweight bike until 1957. On the SchwinnCruiser site, you can input the serial numbers and it will spit back the year. On the main page.

I have a serial number that was used twice.. its a 54 or 56.. which explains the small fenders..

RICHIES 64 said:
nice, i saw it it was by flushing ave.
they also had a 30's bike but they wanted too much
You know the spot on Knickerbocker ?????

What was the story on the previous owner/bike shop? Was bike there on display? For sale?

1918 Ranger

Thanks guys
Yes Gary, S7's
So the story is that the bike shop was selling the Hornet for someone.. being in the back on the side of the shop. I asked the price.. knocked off a hundred and told the store guy to tell the owner..
All I got out of it was the guy was the original owner..

Latest posts

Back