TODAY'S SWAP MEET PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Had a good time today at the swap meet at Don Johle's Bike World in Garland, Texas today.

Saw lots of familiar faces selling bikes and parts and got to meet a few new folks today too.

Didn't sell a thing, but did make a trade with member Henry Morgan...my Raleigh PUB for his Nirve Switchblade.

Henry also worked out a deal with Don and now the BSA Paratrooper bike will be on permanent display in Don's shop.

Here are a few pics I took this morning...

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Here's the raffle bike that's been in the for sale section for a month or so. They drew the name and it looks like the bike is headed to Chicago. Mark will announce the winner in the thread.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

A shot of Don after taking a test ride on the Switchblade. :D

DSC_0023.jpg

I've got plans for this bike....muuwaa ha ha ha ha. :)

DSC_0026.jpg

The BSA Paratrooper...

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

It's a WWII era bike. Henry was cleaning out a neighbor's garage and the 102 year old woman said her husband had brought it back after the war.

aka_locojoe said:
Rat Rod said:
Henry also worked out a deal with Don and now the BSA Paratrooper bike will be on permanent display in Don's shop.
Now that's cool.

You're right Randy...it was cool.

The bike really deserved to be in a public place so everyone could see it.

Would have been a shame to have it tucked away in the dark again.

I enjoyed spending the morning out there and getting to talk to you and the other guys.

Lots of good stuff out there, not too many sales taking place, that I saw at least.

I did OK selling small stuff and one bike. Not complaining at all. it was a good Swap IMHO.

Thanks for helping set it up.

I like those switchblades, glad to see the paratrooper bike is going on display for everyone to enjoy. been thinking about buying one of those switchblade seats for soul catcher

Really nice pics....I see a couple bikes that I probably would have grabbed... :D

yall are smokin something that was horrible stuck in the back very poor turn out .pricey as heck you would have thought they were restored for those prices

prewar69 said:
yall are smokin something that was horrible stuck in the back very poor turn out .pricey as heck you would have thought they were restored for those prices

As far as I remember, there were plenty spaces up front that were empty throughout the morning.

Also, just about everybody I spoke with had either sold quite a bit of stuff or had found some pretty good deals.

But hey, it's your opinion and your entitled to it. :wink:

first off i'd like to thank Steve and Don for having the swap meet. i had a great time. i took 10 bikes and some parts and sold all 10 bikes and some parts.

Its great you guys have events to get people within the hobby together.Id love to see that many bikes at one time.Im kind of on my own in my area other than a friend 60 miles away who finds alot of bikes and a local friend who just waits to see what I get so he can get in on some stuff.

prewar69 said:
yall are smokin something that was horrible stuck in the back very poor turn out .pricey as h*** you would have thought they were restored for those prices
any time you can turn out with out like minded peeps.. and enjoy the bikes ./people and good weather the location is the same one always used. at no cost to the group.. ..
Don and the guys in his store will help you with anything you need... and its a swap meet .. make offers.. you never know how much work .. or money a person has in a bike..
also .. the end of the day is the best time for deals.. I hate to take anything home that I drug down there with me.. the next show /swap meet there will have a much bigger turn out

price wise .. i did not come across anything outrages... there was a monarch silver king for 900 and it look to be complete .. would have traded para trooper bike for that in a blink..
and you always have to come in a little high on your opening price.. .. there were somethings I sold that went to the other side of the parking lot and put right back up for sale
again... I got a columbia skiptooth nice bike great patina .. and trade a set of wheels as part payment to bring down the price.. you might have to work at it.. but there is
always a deal to be had... nice bunch of people.. and there will be a few new members come from this..

You did score a nice Scrambler.

Any long lasting injury from that chain snap on the Speedster? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That Paratrooper is one of the coolest folding bikes around. I would love to come across one someday.

You'll love the Switchblade Steve.
After seeing how good the apes looked, I may try some apes on my Cannibal.

Latest posts

Back