1979 Emory Super de Luxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked this frame and fork up on this site a while back, so there are pictures of it built up differently by different people here too. For me, I wanted the vintage 80's beach cruiser look. So I scavenged for parts around my garage and ended up not needing to buy anything for the build. Even the tires/tubes and chain I had laying around. I threw on some cruiser wheels, persons saddle, reflectors, and wald handlebars with foam "grips". I really like the way it turned out!
So I've decided it's going to be my summer cruiser. 8)
IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

My old bike looks great :wink:

And probably about how it would have come out of the factory, so I say 'mission accomplished'.

Thanks for the compliments.
It's been really fun to ride and its been my daily rider for a few weeks now.
Even though it weights a lot it still glides on the pavement and I can do just about anything on it without worrying that it will break.
I'll definitely pick up another Emory if I ever see one.

Growing up in California, this is the exact type of beach cruiser everybody had in the 80's. The foam grips and reflectors are spot on.
NICE job! Well done

My old bike looks great! :D

Emory says they came out with the first beach cruiser. I did have 5 or 6 of them, but all are sold now.

Latest posts

Back