"The Sidewalk Super Minion #1"-NACHTSWÄRMER-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guy's.

Some work done on pedals;
before;
creme003.jpg

After (cleaned & greased);
creme005.jpg

The colors match the tires and grips perfect!

That's a way-too-cool bike you're building,badmuller. It even smells classic. Very nice job. Planning to ride some cruises with it? Cruising season of DHC (Den Haag) starts 11-03'12. You're allways welcome there. If you want some info,let me know.

That speedometer is a nice touch. Fits perfect and looks like it should have been there from the factory. Well done.

Thanks Guys!

As you can see a few posts back the connection for the speedo's cable is very close to the spring, I could solve this by raising the bars a bit.
But then the cable is too short and the bars sit to high to look good.

I can try and find a new cable or use a different fork setup (still got the electra rs fork and trussrods, but that is a not so classic look).

wimpy said:
That's a way-too-cool bike you're building,badmuller. It even smells classic. Very nice job. Planning to ride some cruises with it? Cruising season of DHC (Den Haag) starts 11-03'12. You're allways welcome there. If you want some info,let me know.

Thanks and I'm planning to do a lot more cruising this year. This bike will be my cruise cruiser for this year.
I will get back on you about that info about DHC.

This is turning out pretty sick! Those fenders are ......! So is te stem/ bars and the drum brakes rock.. Ok the whole thing is pretty awesome. Painting frame I take it? Flat black?

I had planned for flat black yes (I still had a few cans of that in the stash).
I'm doing a bikebuild for a friend at the same time, that wil be glossblack, if I have anything left from that, I will try to make this one glossy too but with some satin black details, and I'm thinking about doing some lacing on the fenders and chainguard.

Today I primered the frame aswell as another frame for a friend that he got for christmas from his girlfriend , (Its the pettybike redone, its a surprise for him so no build story yet, when its done I will post some pics.)

While paint is drying I worked on the headlight, its some kind of vintage light from an unknown brand. I used a little flashlight with 9 leds and 3 AAA batteries. I separated the batteries from the head and connected it with some wires, placed the head in a part that goes over the drain from a sink and that in the headlight, de battery/switch part went into a cigarette box.

Now I can just flip the lid and push the button.

light002.jpg
light003.jpg

Wow! Your bike came out really cool!
White and black color scheme gives it a great look
The proportions of all the parts together are just "right"
Nice Job!

Latest posts

Back