Greetings, fellow lovers of bikes with character

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Charles, and I am a graphic artist/electronic musician located in the DFW sprawl in Texas. The bongo prophets were a group I created some years ago, and I always liked the name...
My partner and I have been freelance/underemployed for decades, and that gives us little money, but a lot of time. Some of that time is spent riding, some is spent rescuing and rejuvenating old bikes.
Sometimes we step through images of our bike project inventory on the big screen, discussing our possible plans for customizing each one-sometimes we agree, usually we have pretty different ideas. so we either put it off, claim and trade leads on them, probably have to flip a coin at some point. But the cool thing is that we share in the joy of search and rescue, the philosophy of not wasting these old cultural artifacts, and the possibilities and aesthetics of re-contextualizing them into a new life.

Okay, that sounds a bit stuffy, perhaps - :oops: - but to sum up, we like ratrodders, because they don't get uptight about mixing it up a bit, putting personal touches on things and forging their own paths. We have that in common, and I hope to share and learn in this community for a long time. 8)

I mostly ride my stock 64 Schwinn Traveler, like on our July 4th fireworks show, where we hit the bike trails and avoided el mucho grande traffic jam by doing so.
M1080016.JPG

or our matching Austrian Sears bikes,
M1110007.JPG

or Raleighs --

M1370001-1.JPG

M1500180.JPG

but our "to-do" list is where the more interesting project bikes are, due to some good hunting this year...hopefully, many of these will show up in build threads or gallery in the near future - fixing up to sell most of them, but some will end up riders, I'm sure!

150CDPFQ%252520-%252520DC02a1.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes and wows, gents.
Like I said, it was a good "hunting season" this year, partly just luck/fate and the fact that the weak economy has folks scouring to convert their excess "stuff" into cash.
Check out google's app "Picasa" for photos - it has a collage function that lets one easily put multiple pics together in various styles.
I use picasa.com for photo hosting as well, better than photobucket imo.

Latest posts

Back