dumpster Fixie, new handlebars and saddle :o

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: dumpster project, help me deciding what to do to it...

today i finally call the dumpster project done... minus the fact that it need white pedals and grips...

sarting with some goodies...

alu anodized black ITM stem, 10g ITM handlebars (i used the black mtb one instead), white grips (don't fit :(), super nice alu brake levers

8we39i.jpg

the donor bike (changed the handlebars and it still rideable)

r9362h.jpg

a mock up, boardtracker style, looked supper cool, but it was too uncomfortable :(

2hg8v2v.jpg

the mtb handlebars fit like glove and they were black too... perfect, just need to be shortened, as i did cut 7 cm out of them per side :D

id85ko.jpg

the new "head badge" :D

25it10x.jpg

done, mounted front super rapid brake, one alu brake lever with white cable housing and temporary grips, i need a white pair :shock:

2uz2xsl.jpg

1ltht.jpg

flidded the bars... didin't like them in pictures LOL :D

also changed grips... like the front end a lot more now... no pics :oops: :?: 8)

yes, i'm selling them but there is another rrb member that want them bad :D

Take also note that i live in italy, so shipping will be NOT cheap :D

i'm too sad... i need to do/buy something...

so suggest me some nice saddle for the dumpster fixie...

Re: dumpster Fixie, new snake skin saddle :eek:

oh that did it. nice job on the seat an the whole bike.

Outlaw 8)

thanks a lot... different from my normal kind of bike, but is really fun to ride it :D

I say that seat looks out of place with the color scheme. Try a darker color saddle cover. How much was it convert the wheel to fixie or how much is a fixie wheel?

i know... but i had the fabric laiyng around so i use it... i love the contrast the saddle creates... everyone stare at it... it's funny :p

the conversion cost me 6€ of the brand new cog... nothing else :D

ratcycle said:
I say that seat looks out of place with the color scheme. Try a darker color saddle cover. How much was it convert the wheel to fixie or how much is a fixie wheel?

Disagree. I think the sandle looks great. To help tie it in I think some tan colored grips are in order. Sort of like matching your belt and shoes when dressing. :lol:

My concern is using JB Weld to hold the rear cog in place. I love me some JB Weld but I think you really need a lock ring to hold that cog securely in place or a couple of real welds if the hub isn't threaded to take a lock ring.

i'm riding this bike everyday with no issues at all...

if the cog will unscrew i'll weld it in place :D

I love this bike but the guys above are right.

I have built a lot of fixed gears doing the dish wheel, track cog, stock hub method.

I would highly highly recommend using a lock ring and some thread locker instead. The lock ring from an English Bottom bracket will thread right on to the hub.

If not then god speed and don't hurt yourself.

thanks a lot... i tried to tighten it up using a lock ring... but when i tried to skid the cog just unsrew... this didn't happened using the jb weld... yet :lol:

i have a front brake to save my life if the cog will unscrew ahahah :lol:

thanks for the good tips :D

Latest posts

Back