Basman 346

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ace said:
She's just lucky my Basman is too long to fit in bed. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
BicycleLove.jpg

lol, gonna need a bigger tent, but I come prepared :lol:
4472897879_6d2348dd1d_b.jpg

How's this as a solution ? Aluminum diamondplate I shaped today and rattlecanned in satin black:
IMG_1802.jpg

Looks a lot more complementary and durable than a flimsy piece of wood. Me like.

The diamond plate looks awesome! I would still keep the wood for riding around during the spring/summer months. 8)

Funny story: when I first showed up at my brother's with this bike, it made his 11 year old son called Sam giggle, as the bike has Schwalbe Fat Franks. My bro's name is Frank and he is far from fat :mrgreen: but guess what we all came across the other day: a bike with Schwalbe Smart Sams, which totally made my nephew's day :lol: but I guess you've had to be there to find this as funny as we did...

Great looking tires for a klunker though, never seen these before:
1260880106741-1cqod73e236u2-500-90-500-70.jpg

Finally got around to attaching my official Ratrodbikes licenseplate 8)

IMG_3397.jpg

I also made a reflectorthingy on the rearhub, using an old leather belt. Figured the little holes would help drain excess water and dirt. Cunning, right? :mrgreen:

IMG_3398.jpg

Still debating what to put on it...probably just Basman, as the brand is not shown anywhere on these bikes, only 346.

4578059075_04ac9d2b86_b.jpg

I love your bike!!! The Seat looks like it is adjusted forward. How tall are you? I prefer this frame over the medium, but I'm only 5'6" with short legs. Do you have any pictures of somebody riding the bike, and how tall they are? Mr. Genetics, how I loathe you.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm 6' tall but at 5'6" I would try both framesizes before deciding what is comfortable for yourself. I moved the seat to the front of the seatstay, but ended up with the chrome seatrail at the back hitting it with every bump in the road. Replaced the seat with a Lepper Primus and shortened the rear of the seatstay so they wouldn't interfere with eachother. The Lepper seat is also a bit lower than the standard 346 seat. The 346 seat is on my Ghostrider now as it is quite comfy.

1sikryd said:
I love your bike!!! The Seat looks like it is adjusted forward. How tall are you? I prefer this frame over the medium, but I'm only 5'6" with short legs. Do you have any pictures of somebody riding the bike, and how tall they are? Mr. Genetics, how I loathe you.

Thanks!

I'm not that big and i'm driving a basman also.
I'm only 168 cm tall and the length off my innerlegs is only 75 cm.
I realy like to drive the basman.
Here's mine: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24259

Ikopdefiets1.jpg

Me riding my Basman.

CIMG0933.jpg

I'm the one on the right.

Lowjack'r said:
I'm not that big and i'm driving a basman also.
I'm only 168 cm tall and the length off my innerlegs is only 75 cm.

How was your leg-reach with the standard 346 seat? My ride improved with just that extra bit needed for a comfy ride when I replaced mine with that lower Lepper Primus seat. I might be 6' but also with relative short legs. I blame my mum. :mrgreen:

With the standard 346 seat moved a little forward, i could reach the pedals easaly. :mrgreen:
The only thing I didn't like was how the 346 seat looks at the seat post. :cry:

20072011598.jpg

I have the brooks b33 mounted as low as possible to the seat post.

That makes it possible to move the seat a little bit more to the back,wich looks a lot better for me. :wink:

The way you replaced your seat with a brooks it works out you moved your buttbone 5 cms forward and 10 cms down. That's a total shift towards comfort by 11.18 cms, roughly :mrgreen: a world of difference, I expect?

:D Really looking very good mate! are you doing the FBI or the COTY this year? It clashed with all sorts for us so no go, very sad because we had the week off work booked as well..... anyway shame we aint spoke in a while!

Hi Nice basman, I'm interested to know how you got the headlight mounted, what bracket is that? is it something off the shelf or custom bracket? and what powers the headlight?

Cheers,
Poch

Ace said:
There ya go, both fenders satin black:

IMG_3446.jpg

I think I'm ready now, all that's left white is the frame :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back