who all is still listening to vinyl?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ve had afew people see the record player in my room, and most think its fake. well its not, and i love listening to some scratch and pop records.
i dont have many, but i listen to my records alot. some of the favorites of mine are rca victor "young and alive" (well that is my favorite honestly), steve miller band, ray charles, elton john, and if the times are right, dean martin. so what you listening to thats still the size of a 16 inch rim?
004-4.jpg

005-10.jpg

I do on occasion. I pick them up at flea markets for 25 cents to a buck. Like you, I play them on a retro-looking player. Mine looks like a suitcase when closed.

I do on a regular basis,but I haven't been able to for awhile. Here's a pic:
Image-9.jpg

It's a Montgomery Wards Airline from 1964.My dad gave it to my mom on their first wedding anniversary. As of now,it has no turntable,but I'm working on getting the original one I sent for repair back. If that isn't possible; I have a similar one that I can use the turntable from.

I have a simple reason for doing all of this-besides the obvious family connection:

vinyldemotph9.jpg

8)

i dont have many records, all the ones i have are from my grandpa's house, and afew from a yardsale. my older sister lives in portland, and she buys me one once a week so theres about 20 sitting in her room. some newer music, some older, but she knows what i like. she tried to ship them here, and there was 5 in the box, didnt get one out of it :( . so im guessing when i go there toward october, ill be getting some more. someone asked why i even still listen to them (real smart person) and i just tell them "cause the radio doesnt get goo reception in that corner" which it doesnt.

I have over 1000- mostly old country,blues ,70s rock and soundtracks I find in tag sales. I would like to convert some of them to mp3 so I can put them in my Itunes. Some of that vintage vinyl would sound great in my ipod while I'm riding.

I still have a big stack of records from the '60s, but no turntable or system anymore.
Just boom boxes now. No time to listen to them anyway.

I still have the original "Meet The Beatles" album I bought back in '64. It's the Mono version. My record player at the time was not stereo, and the stereo records cost $1 more than the mono's, so I bought the mono version. :D

One thing I miss about modern music is reading the album covers. I always liked knowing who wrote the songs, who was on the record and the great pictures. CD booklets are too small to read......... :D :D :D

I got thousands of Vinyl...Cassettes too.

I got an AR 77-XB and a Technics SL-Q300 running with Stanton and Pickering pro disco pins.

My dream turntable...B.I.C.

...and a Marantz Stereo

KJV said:
vinyl,8-track,cassette.. still listen to them all. :mrgreen:
i want an 8 track so bad!! my dad thinks theyre awesome to. i always rock an old walkman when i go for a distance ride. hahah

snydur said:
KJV said:
vinyl,8-track,cassette.. still listen to them all. :mrgreen:
i want an 8 track so bad!! my dad thinks theyre awesome to. i always rock an old walkman when i go for a distance ride. hahah

I installed a NOS 8 Track player (bought of ebay) in my Dad's trailer.

%255BUNSET%255D

Arent 8 tracks great?...as they click in the middle of your favorite song.

Then the foil splice breaks

i had a huge collection of 8 tracks. had a high dollar unit in my house(by high dollar i mean it was a top end model and i bought it used/cheap :wink: ) and i purposely installed 8 track players on 2 of my cars. but 8 tracks are a whole other topic that i could go on for.....

records? oh yeah! i've been collecting them most of my life. i wish i could say i have thousands(like i do w/ CDs) but i do have hundreds.
i grew up listening to my moms records. she was cool and let me play her stuff.
when i was young it was rock&roll. pre-teen until about 18 it was punk rock. than i went back to my roots and from than on out it's been blues, jazz(cool jazz),classic country, and old slyle cocktail lounge.

i dont want to be a snob,but anyone that really talks about record players doesnt call it a needle. it's called a stylus :wink:

i bought this 1962 hi-fi about 15 years ago and i finally redid it,maybe last dec or jan. the original turntable was wasted and the radio was useless. i got a nice turntable that could connect to any modern stereo or a computer, and i bought a little CD player and hooked 'em up and tucked the new speakers in it. it's loud if i want it, but it sounds great 8)
IMG_32901.jpg

IMG_32921.jpg

I have a belt drive Yamaha turntable I use to listen to Mott the Hoople and Genesis,
and a Classic dual cd recorder to burn CD's for playing on the road. Too time-consuming
so I do this though the winter..........Enjoy

I've still got a Teac direct drive turntable and a Radioshack (Hitachi) STA150 reciever. Got some Allman Bros, Lynerd Skynerd, Beatles, Etc. on vinyl.

Latest posts

Back