Colson Decoliner, Breathing fresh air into this stale build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Colson Decoliner

looks beautiful!

I thought you might keep That little jog from the womens frame in there and just capped off the end you cut out, Might have been some cool flair, Tho you could always do it on another frame conversion ( I might have to comission one from ya!)

Seriously nice looking, I like the narrow top bars in parallel

Strings_and_steam said:
looks beautiful!

I thought you might keep That little jog from the womens frame in there and just capped off the end you cut out, Might have been some cool flair, Tho you could always do it on another frame conversion ( I might have to comission one from ya!)

Seriously nice looking, I like the narrow top bars in parallel

I agree 100%!!!
It would be interesting to use "that little jog" and make like a tank for it... you´ve got to love this site man, ideas and inspiration float in the air!

Thanks gentlemen. I made the extensions but I still need to shape them a bit
041111001-1.jpg

041111002-1.jpg

found this chrome bar stock at the dumps
041111003.jpg

Anyone got any ideas for a chainguard? I usually try and avoid them but I was thinking one of those bird wing looking Columbia / Elgin ones would look the part?

your thoughts............

nice! please use that as a headlight so i can see how to mount one on my bike :mrgreen:

I like this bike more and more each time you show were it´s going, keep going!

great job on the gender re-assignment! 8) i really like the extensions off of the bottom top tube.should be a killer bike when finished! :D

Thanks guy's, I'm searching for the time to do some more real work to this one. Been busy the past few evenings repairing a steerer tube on a monark spring that is going to VonFink with the Westfield bike. That thing looks mean with the frame's straight down tube and the parallel straight Monark legs. Should be shipping it out soon.
040711002.jpg

040711003.jpg

I keep finding things to do on the Fortress project, laid out the ballance beam over the weekend. Using some recycled 4x6 PT posts. They are going to do some zig-zagging around the trees and I want a little teeter-totter element in there somewhere too.

But then it looks like my 6 year old has outgrown his 16" Trek Jet, so I may need to quickly build up that muscle bike frame I picked up at the boneyard and I spotted a bmx bike in a heap down the road with lester mags (I think), I wonder if they are coaster brake equipped. I sold a nice pair of 20" dropcenter wheels with coaster last month, now I'm kicking myself...and there's a JC Higgins with a springer on a guy's porch a few blocks from there so of course I must investigate those :D

The wife says the paint colors need to be a light olive green and creme, maybe some gold pinstriping inbetween. I've been looking over the Montana Paint colorcharts a little for something other than what Rustoleum can deliver. I've seen some new ford Mustang's running around in a good shade. The stripes will have to be peel and stick based on my skill set.

Headilight install shouldn't be too bad, just need to do some grinding on the arm with the teeth to make it fit the contour of the fender extension on the x-53 fork or make some kind of bracket if I go with the beehive or a rigid. Still up in that regard.

the monark ring looks best. just fits the build all around

It's funny, #3 is from a huffy or something but it fits the guard the best, when centerd up the outer ring is almost a perfect fit to the hole in the guard.

the monark outer teardrops are just a little cut off by the guard hole. I just got a few more bikes so I'll have to check the look of those too.

thanks guys!

Very kool! I can't wait to see it done!

Latest posts

Back