firestone find, help on year/model

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recent find, old firestone 26". looks complete. what a mess though.
any help on year-model appreciated.

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

I believe thats a Monark?

Looks like its post war, maybe late 40's or early 50's

Im not sure if there is any Monark serial number info out there, but im sure someone that knows more than me will come along to nail down the year a little closer.

Don't know if the same Frame manufacturer but here is "Nitrosportster's" Buckeye Built Bike. Different Frame but the Same Rear Drop Out's. He thinks its an old Hawthorn Frame.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34657

P1020267.jpg

thanks y'all. it may end up in the f/s forum at some point. i have so many projects right now. its going in the shed with my other projects. if i get time, maybe i'll grease up everything, make sure my tetnus shot is up to date, and take it for a spinn lol,

It's a 1958 or later Snyder built bike with a Monark springer fork on it! Monark did build bikes for Firestone up until the mid 50s, and obviously that fork has been on the bike a LONG time! I'd say it's possible that the original dealer had a spare springer, and the buyer wanted one! -Adam

haha, wow, thanks for all the relplys. you know, i've been looking at this thing, reading the replies, and finally last night, it hit me. those are MONARK FORKS!!! when i first got into these older bikes (i'm mainly a bmx guy), i knew i wanted some monark forks on one of my builds. then this thing showed up, and i did not realize, that there they are. i guess i could not see pass the rust.... i finally have a set. have to get them off of there, and see how they clean up. amazing. :lol: :oops: :D

Go give her an acid or clr bath so you can see if there are any structural faults in the frame. I know people like the original patina but sometimes that hides dangers which is not good for those who plan on riding alot.

LarzBahrs said:
Go give her an acid or clr bath so you can see if there are any structural faults in the frame. I know people like the original patina but sometimes that hides dangers which is not good for those who plan on riding alot.

In one of the pics, it actually looks like there is a crack in the chain side rear dropout. In between the fender/rack adjustable slots and the dropout itself.

Latest posts

Back