1941 Colson

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have a shiny bicycle! Nice Oxblood powder coat that just needs some striping here and there and brilliant chrome.

DSCN0019.jpg

2 on the floor!
DSCN0022.jpg

I think i've seen this same badge design but with "Flyer" on it instead of Roadking A little fine paintwork on the badge will make it pop
DSCN0020.jpg

Working on cleaning up the original seat. the one in the photo is the only one i had to put on there. I've got some nice brown leather to re-cover it.

Thanks again Craig!

Thanks guys, but honestly I just turned the wrenches..

The seat is some kind of 1890's-teens long spring. The leather is still pretty supple but the clamp doesn't have any angle adjustment so you kind of feel like you're going to slide off the back.

The original was a shorter spring style with stiched edge leather.

That's verry nice Walker :!:
it look's so good that need's almost nothing :wink:

Walker, it's a beauty for sure! :mrgreen: I have a soft spot for Colson's. I had a '40 or 41 Blister Tank model two years ago, the only bike I wish I never sold. I'm glad to see you got this one. :mrgreen: Painting the badge will definitely add a lot.

"CHROME WON'T GET YA HOME!"...really though,the only thing that bike needs is to be ridden...ALOT.No stripes,no badge paint,just enjoy the ride.This bike has what I like to call "Simple Elegance"...what a beauty...I would do something about the seat though...
cover it with the brown leather you mentioned... Pappy 8)

deorman said:
:shock: Das Uber Rad! 8) 8) (sorry, no umlaut on my keyboard) :lol:

Sure you do. hold down the ALT key, then on your keypad do 0252. ü
ä = 0228
ë = 0235
ï = 0239
ö = 0246
ü = 0252
ƒ = 0131

Nicht schlecht...eh? Gary

Das ist sehr gut! Ich weiss das gernich, viel mal dankeschon!

Forgive me, its been so long since I babbled in German I got caught up in the moment :D

Is that a match for the original color? I was sanding the BB of my rusty twin frame to find a date code (K9-1939), and found a couple traces of oxblood looking og paint on it. Just a'wondering! -Adam

Not certain about how close the paint match is because i did not do the powdercoating work. Based on the before photos it appears to be close.

Here is a shot from last weekend at the York Beach lighthouse (Maine)
DSCN0255.jpg

Walker! You are hurting MY eyes with that backwards chainring! PLEASE turn it around and give that Colson the "speedy" look it desires (and originally had). :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back