1959 Columbia Torpedo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1959 Columbia Torpedo Build

DSCF4161.jpg

I curently have it in pieces and am taking the paint off...

:lol: the seat for sure!
I'm on hold though...Really would like a steam punk theme with a working steam powered back light or working something :lol:
Recently inspired by Markm's STEAM RAT in this years build off.
But a kit would run $300 for everything... http://www.ministeam.com/acatalog/Steam_Engines.html (the model 70G)
here's the madness...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N0GuIT3HbU
Then strap all that on some how. But the $300 is kinda steep. I'm watching e-bay too.
Maybe I'll just get the jensen model 85 and think from there :lol:

I'm also thinking some rivits in the theme to look industialish...

That's my thinking this morning... :lol:

I'll sit on it for a bit and plan a little more this morning :mrgreen:

But this is what the plan is...

Today I kinda just want to build a traditional rat...I may ust have to freestyle it...see what I get :lol:
I'm loving the bare metal look on the frame right now...maybe scallop that.

Knuckle Dragger

I'm just going to do a nice easy build I guess...take it easy and sip some lemonade type... :wink:

I will however still be making the seat as I try to step up my game... :D

Got it all ready for paint...

DSCF4204.jpg

I shall call this one Knuckle Dragger

Clear coated it...Not much excitment there :)
Cleaned up the bars a little and started to prep the rims for paint.
Got a spare set of tires I'll throw on...

tires2.jpg

tires1.jpg

tires.jpg

I'll have to sleep on this one... :lol:
(*Not the real pinstriping on the bike...it was the before pic I added stripes to to work out in my mind what to do)

I'm going red...It's funny because I have the green and black paint but no red :lol:
Way too rainy today to try anything on the wheels...probably run to the hardware store to pick up a can of red.

DSCF4240.jpg

DSCF4241.jpg

I'll use this seat until I get one to custom fab...Bells on too :mrgreen:

I found this fork in a pile o parts. A friend gave it to me a while back...tons of rake on it. No ???? where it came originally on.
Ready to paint...

Green was my first choice but the red was calling my name...I had a black Dodgfe 1952 coronet with Green rims. IT WAS HOT!
But I just feel like it would be a bit more low key with the red. Not so look at me ...
(Coming from a guy with a clown avatar with geen hair) :lol:

FOUND OBJECTS said:
Green was my first choice but the red was calling my name...I had a black Dodgfe 1952 coronet with Green rims. IT WAS HOT!
But I just feel like it would be a bit more low key with the red. Not so look at me ...
(Coming from a guy with a clown avatar with geen hair) :lol:
Plus there's a little bit of the red paint still ghosting on the frame...so the red will tie that in.

Latest posts

Back