ENGINE No.9 (completely complete!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ENGINE No.9

gowjobs said:
As far as the bike goes, this is one of the build threads that I check daily. Really looking forward to seeing the results.

oh yeah, the bike. :lol: i guess we got a little off topic. let's fix that, here's another teaser pic...

tease.jpg

sprocketeer said:
the front and rear springer forks are very clever, great job.

thanks! :D i'm really shocked that so many people like my springer designs :shock: apparently there's even a website in france that's been talking about them.

fenderhole said:
sprocketeer said:
the front and rear springer forks are very clever, great job.

thanks! :D i'm really shocked that so many people like my springer designs :shock: apparently there's even a website in france that's been talking about them.

BAM! he's gone international! :lol: :lol:

icyuod2 said:
BAM! he's gone international! :lol: :lol:

lol :lol: yeah i guess you're right. it's funny because i saw the pictures on the site but since i can't read french i have no idea what they're saying. oh, and they're not just talking about my bike but many other bikes from this site as well so i guess a few others on here have gone international too :D

vanilla_gorilla said:
a little inspiration for you dude

this is my town's '55 mack that was recently restored

e5.jpg

oh man! :shock: that is awesome! almost exactly what i had in mind when i decided to go this direction with my build. thanks for sharing ! :D

some progress... paint is finally all done and i got the bars, pedals, seat and wheel set that i'll be using installed. also cleaned up the kickstand in an attempt to make it shiny again. :D

overview.jpg

Re: ENGINE No.9 (new pic)

that's lookin' cool. I don't typically like "bear trap" pedals on cruisers, but I think if you got creative with some more of that check-plate aluminum, you could make them fit right in.

Man this thing is looking sah-weet! I second the need for goldleaf. You can buy a roll of goldleaf vinyl on Ebay pretty cheap and cut it yourself. Or learn the lost art itself, that would be way cool. Either way this bike is so awesome, well done!

deorman said:
Time to break out the gold leaf and hood ornament. :wink:

your gonna have to be careful. your running into the same problem i was having with my build.
too much hot rod and not enough rat in the diet. :lol:

looking fan diddly-astic!

deorman said:
Time to break out the gold leaf and hood ornament. :wink:
MatthewRobertHenry said:
Man this thing is looking sah-weet! I second the need for goldleaf. You can buy a roll of goldleaf vinyl on Ebay pretty cheap and cut it yourself. Or learn the lost art itself, that would be way cool. Either way this bike is so awesome, well done!

hey now there's an idea, gold leaf would look really cool. how difficult it is to apply? i wonder if it's harder than learning how to freehand pinstripe?

From what I have seen, it's pretty much like pinstriping the sizing/adhesive, rubbing the leaf on it, and then brushing off the excess. I'd guess it's not real cheap, though.

theres a couple ways you can do it.

pretty simple.

you can mask and spray or you can had paint the adhesive. allow to tack up, then use a static brush to pick up the gold/silver leaf.
carefully set it on the adhesive. (it blows away real easy) then just use the brush to apply and brush away the extra at the same time.

i've seen people stick the sheet of gold leaf to the adhesive and then brush away the extra, but it never looks as nice.

the gold is the easy part. if you have brush or masking skills of any sort, i'd say this is an easy project.
in the event you mess up you can always remove/reapply move adhesive.

Latest posts

Back