Neighbors look at me weird when I mow the lawn...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell why that is. Oh well.

This is my recently repaired early 50's sears powered reel-mower. I got it from the original owner, and it was full of water. I drained it and it was a back burner project. Sat out all winter and when I pulled it out again it was full of water. Tore the engine apart, cleaned it all, grease, oil, new spark plug and points, gas, etc... Had it running in less than 3 hours after I started the teardown. Sweet :)

CIMG0781.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1GHwbpuaGY

And for those interested, Yes. I have a lot of old lawn equitment, Garden tractors, small engines, tons of stuff :D

Cool!!! Cant help but see the makings of a trike in there somewhere..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Cool! 8)

This is the kind of thing that defines us as a men!

Old rusty engines brought back from the dead for the heck of it. I salute you and wish you many more mowing years.

If you want the neighbours to have something to talk about, you could mow naked!! :shock: on the other hand,If you live in a dry/stoney area then a sports 'cup' may be advisable. :wink:

al.

I have my dad's old reel mower. He bought it new. My sister has a picture of me "mowing" with it, basically following it around the lawn reaching up as high as I could to hold on to the handles. I must have been 2 or 3. Probably about 1950.

Too many projects, but one of these days, I'm going to restore it. I have all the new decals for the B&S engine. It still starts first pull if you give it a squirt of fuel. I'll have to go thru the carb, but it should be no problem to have it purring again.

Dad had one like that when I was about 9, that was 1956. One day I hooked my wagon up to it and proceeded to RIDE. Dad wasn't happy with me when he got home because I had not followed any pattern while riding, just zig zag here and there. But I did have the first riding mower in the neighborhood. :lol:

Latest posts

Back