BOSS ROSS - another Ed Roth tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Ross?

bob-ross.jpg

Okay, modified an old BMX stem to use the double-clamp blocks. This allowed me to re-install the stock 21.1mm I.D. fork to drop the front end back down.
BOSSROSS11-1.jpg

Skinny, skinny SKINNY!
BOSSROSS12.jpg

deifinitly make the big n littles look even big n littler! :D

The front tire is a 20"x1" slick for a mini BMX bike running on an indoor track. (451mm rim like an S-7, but alloy).

I clearanced the blocks from the double stem slightly with a Dremel to match the hole spacing to the BMX stem's "pillow" base. Then I bought new metric hex-head screws for a more vintage look than the allen bolts.

BOSSROSS15.jpg

BOSS ROSS is up and rideable, though the 3 speed seems locked in high gear. Plans are to cruise it at the Choppercabras' Spring Thing on Sunday.

BOSSROSS13.jpg

Narrowed those bars bay almost 5" - should be able to slip through between stopped traffic with no problems now.

EDIT: No, all the custom stuff is yet to come. I just decided to check it out mechanically before I start on all the cool stuff.

Saw this old Girl Scout canteen I was saving to use for a minibike project that never materialized... not sure how I feel about it yet.
BOSSROSS17.jpg

I think I'm happier with this placement:
BOSSROSS18.jpg

I'll see if I can incorporate a bracket to secure it more positively when I fab up my drilled aluminum rear fender.

I serioulsy have a new favorite :D
I love it. You captures the image of a dragstar into it. The tires are the perfect couple, and the way it's angled, I just love it.
I'm planning on going to the spring thing too, when is it?

Sam

(p.s. I have a 3 spd shifter w/derailuer off my Murray F5 Eliminator. I think it's 3 spd. If your interested in it I'll sell it to you for real cheap....*wink wink*)

weekend-fun said:
I serioulsy have a new favorite :D
I love it. You captures the image of a dragstar into it. The tires are the perfect couple, and the way it's angled, I just love it.
I'm planning on going to the spring thing too, when is it?

Sam

(p.s. I have a 3 spd shifter w/derailuer off my Murray F5 Eliminator. I think it's 3 spd. If your interested in it I'll sell it to you for real cheap....*wink wink*)

Spring Thing is at noon on Sunday, but people start showing up well before that. Expect the first events to start right at noon. All the details at http://atomiccycles.com. Is it a twist shift or a stick shift? I'm still considering the dual driveline setup, but I don't know if I have enough width in the rear of the frame to implement it properly.

Latest posts

Back