Opinions taken~Bars Changed, WDYT??? 12/21

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Let me know what you think - good bad or indifferent. The plus that I can tell is an optimum riding position that will really allow for comfortable quick pace. The downside is the combination of parts is a little awkward. The bars have two rows of knurls and the stem is firmly around one row so it will not slip.

Thanks, Joe

ElgBars1.jpg

ElgBars2.jpg

ElgBars3.jpg

Re: Opinions wanted!!!

Joe,
What good is cool looking bike that's uncomfortable for you to ride? That's what it's for, right?
Everyone likes a different riding position, what works for you, is what's best to do.

P.S. I'm using a similar stem with a handlebar from a KTM 250XC, not a typical 'cruiser' combo, but it's comfy for me.

RIde on!
Dr. T

Thanks for the two replies............. so far.

Kinda weird how people can get steamed over constructive criticism or opinion and then when you want them to be free and openly express themselves they clam up :cry:

61 page views and only two replies??????????? If you are a guest just register and let me know what you think. Don't be shy.

Thanks, Joe

Well, Joe, I've looked about 5 times myself. I can't figure an opinion one way or the other. Could you throw up a photo of the full side view? It might help me.

Just taking a break from plowing the 16" or so :roll: of "White Christmas", I won't hesitate. Put some kind of band or something over the extra knurl and RIDE RIDE RIDE! :mrgreen:

dont like them on that bike i dont even need to see a whole picture. the stem is ok it is the bars. maybe try something just a bit lower.

I've never liked that style of stem with anything except flat or slightly raised bars. The handlebars you've got on them, just look like a big ol' after thought.
The bars themselves seem aweful wide, but that may be just the picture angles. How do they look in comparison to the rest of the bike. To me, the overall bike would have to be pretty good size with some oversized tubing for the frame.
I'm sure you'll pull this off if you do stay with things the way they are. If this is like your other bikes, it will definitely turn some heads!
Chainy

The stem and bars would probably work on a bike just not that bike. This bike looks fast and those bars dont'
26Elgin1.jpg

OK, so I wasn't really in love with those bars. I think they were motorcycle and so they were a fatter guage and thus heavier. THey will work on another project I have. But thats another story for another day. I tried every set of bars i had until i found these not where they were suppose to be. Must be fate cause they look right, they look fast and they have enough handle for the shifter and grips.

What do you think? I know i sacrificed a bit on the comfort side, but I think i gained way more on the looks.

EBars1.jpg

EBars2.jpg

EBars3.jpg

EBars4.jpg

EBars5.jpg

between the two, I would go for the Large Bars if you are going to ride it, If you are going to hang the bike and look at it the low bars are ok

Latest posts

Back