The 1890's Bike Destruction Riding Pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The 1890's Bike Destruction

gonna look cool, sir Uncle of Stretchingham, like a tall burrito.

sorry about giving you a knighthood, couldnt resist it though :lol:

Re: The 1890's Bike Destruction

Sir Uncle Huh? ...Ok got it pretty much together. Still have to weld a bunch. Had the same problem with the back that I had with the front. May fix it, may not . Gotta eat some twinkies and contemplate the task....I just welded that part good too....AAArrrrggghhh. These things are hard to build.

sameproblem002.jpg

Re: The 1890's Bike Destruction ( Mocked Up)

I like how its coming but it looks like the top bar needs more bend in the front 3/4's of the bar. I think it ends up in the right spots on both ends but the curve is to straight up front. I think it will help the flow of the lines and match the bottom two bar curves. This thing is gonna look sweet!

NICE!............Tank plate?............ :idea:

Bad thing is its already welded ...Not much chance of changing bars now ,unless its with a sledge hammer.
Ok Kota where would I put a tank plate? It weighs a ton already and I dont think I would add anything else ...unless its paper mache. Ok I slamed the seat ,because mark wanted to see it down. will weld up everything tomorrow and figure out the crank position.

lowseat001.jpg

Well somehow I missed it because I wasnt trying for a burrito look. So far thats two for burrito. :cry:

Ha Ha...and I also mentioned the bassman346 when I saw the sketch. :wink:

ok a baseman copy I can live with ,because I looked at them alot in the beginning . Didnt particularly like the rounded front....But a burrito. I could have welded a couple schwinns together and got that.

that is now in my top ten all time fave builds........awesome job

Glad you like it. My brother was kidding me that I better not run through any holes. I hadnt thought about that. Oh well maybe I can build a skid plate :roll:

just stay away from parking lots with speed bumps lol ...

Rough, this is the first thing I thought of, the bars would have to be lower........Maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

lowseat001.jpg

It's long, low, black, and dangerous looking! If that's not a rat rod, I don't know what is!!! :mrgreen: ~Adam

looks awesome uncle! i think its fine without a plate, just work in the crank and its good! i love how the downtube forms to the wheel, im dying to build a bike like that.

Yeah Kota was wanting me to build a gravity bike. I'm working on the bb today I got it all welded and all that is left is to build the bb and then some bondo and paint. Building one isnt really hard. I made it more difficult by starting with the two tubes welded onto the neck. If I had it to do over again ,I would bend the two round pieces of pipe and then decide on the top bar. The bottom one is just straight pipe so nothing special there. It shouldnt take a couple hours to throw one together. Coming up with a seat post was a hoot. Had to keep sanding one down till it fit ...then I stuck a piece of solid stock inside it to strengthen it up. Its getting closer and now that its welded I can see where the bb goes.

lets see.. about mid-way down the first downtube?

Ok I got the bb on and its a little bit forward. If something dosent happen and my legs all of the sudden get longer I might have to cut it off and move it back a little. It rides good ,but needs some tweaking. The silly seat post wont tighten up. I knew I shouldnt have put grease on it. well here are some riding pics . Its different. :lol:

Latest posts

Back