RCC - ver. 1.0 & 2.0!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my favourite bike, the most comfortable I've ever owned, and it's got the miles on it to prove it.
Started as a '69 Schwinn Panther, added springer fork, Kenda whitewalls, '50s style tank, color-matched fenders (from unknown donor) chainguard two-toned to match tank and fenders, new leather cruiser seat and matching grips.
I'm going to put it out to a vote from you guys as to which version looks better (w/ or w/o fenders) - let me know what you think, either way!

RCC (Ratty/Custom/Cruiser) "ver. 1.0":
098.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

RCC "Speedster" "ver. 2.0":
109.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

Whats up Dan?
Love the bike! Keep the fenders, loose the rack. :wink:

It has nothing to do with the looks, but loose the fenders (and the rack...).
It would make it looks sleek(er), but either way, it's an awesome lookin bike!

Wow, I never expected for so many "fender" votes!
(However, I don't really want to take off the rack, fenders AND tank, since it would look like every other Huffy, Murray, blah-blah cantilever bike out there. :wink: )
I'll have to take all these suggestions under consideration now, though - thanks for the input and compliments, guys!

mastronaut said:
You could possibly find a couple shorty chrome fenders which would give it a clean sporty look even with the rack... 8)

That was one of my first ideas for it too - just can't find any that fit this frame. As much as I prefer and love Schwinns, sometimes retro-fitting can be a major PIA. :?

Thanks - those are kind of cool - but the problem on this frame is clearance between fork legs (springer) and seat stays. I've tried 4 sets on it now, no-go on any of them.

Latest posts

Back