THE EVIL 5 STAR SPLASH WITH NEW SET OF BARS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 5 STAR SPLAS WITH NEW SET OF BARS :mrgreen:
DSC00041-1.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

hey rad rat.....ive been watching you build this one for a bit now......cool little bike......nice work.....

sure does have that mad max look to it, just needs a couple saw blades, and crossbows. :)

you should put a used rusty saw blade over the sprocket. just gotta drill a hole and make the center one bigger and it works!

PT_Tooth_saw_blades.jpg

drill out the red circles to itll fit on the crank. 8)

That will look sweet!

I used to make field knives out of sawblades...Just a tip, they are made out of hardened steel so they are a pain to drill through. you may consider annealing the center with a torch before drilling.

Tony

or just buy the cheapest blade you can find, so its not that high graded.

but when you kick back (for to brake for example) the "chainwheel" will act like a freewheel :shock: :!:

naw, thats what that outer hole is for. so it stays put, like the actual chainring.

I like the direction your going with your bike. The post apocaliptic/MadMaxx look is always my favorite! The deadlier looking the better! But not all people will agree... especially the cops! :lol: My "Dark Journey" bike had barbedwire and curved up pointy forks but I took them off because I was doing alot of parade rides and the cops weren't too crazy about them. One asked what the barbedwire and forks were for and when I said "crowd control" he wasn't to appreciative of my humor! :lol:
Just be watchful of others when you're riding and have fun! :wink:

stretch said:
naw, thats what that outer hole is for. so it stays put, like the actual chainring.

Nosferatum, Trust me Stretch knows what he's talking about. He saw a bike with that on this last weekend. Heck he may have even rode the bike! :roll: If he didn't, it was his fault. :lol:

The pictures are of a different bike but they're the same way on most of my bikes (when I use this setup).
2007_0224whatever30005.jpg

2007_0224whatever30006.jpg

2007_0224whatever30007.jpg

... and here's the saw/chainring setup on the Dark Journey bike, the one Stretch saw ...
tt104.jpg

Try to find the cheapest blade possible, some of them are impossible to drill through! Very cool bike, keep us updated on your transitions!
Thanks,
Chainy

p.s, Dark Journey is getting a make over! Time to get "Darker" on this never ending "Journey"! :shock:

Chainsaw said:
I like the direction your going with your bike. The post apocaliptic/MadMaxx look is always my favorite! The deadlier looking the better! But not all people will agree... especially the cops! :lol: My "Dark Journey" bike had barbedwire and curved up pointy forks but I took them off because I was doing alot of parade rides and the cops weren't too crazy about them. One asked what the barbedwire and forks were for and when I said "crowd control" he wasn't to appreciative of my humor! :lol:
Just be watchful of others when you're riding and have fun! :wink:

stretch said:

Nosferatum, Trust me Stretch knows what he's talking about. He saw a bike with that on this last weekend. Heck he may have even rode the bike! :roll: If he didn't, it was his fault. :lol:

The pictures are of a different bike but they're the same way on most of my bikes (when I use this setup).
2007_0224whatever30005.jpg

2007_0224whatever30006.jpg

2007_0224whatever30007.jpg

... and here's the saw/chainring setup on the Dark Journey bike, the one Stretch saw ...
tt104.jpg

Try to find the cheapest blade possible, some of them are impossible to drill through! Very cool bike, keep us updated on your transitions!
Thanks,
Chainy

p.s, Dark Journey is getting a make over! Time to get "Darker" on this never ending "Journey"! :shock:
thanks for the tips i think i ll try with the chainsaw blade, i hope i make it good.

good to hear that journey has yet another chapter! :wink: but i plan to maybe use that chainring idea.. hmm..chainsaw chain on a bike.. hmm.. :shock: :lol:

stretch said:
that's not the problem i thought of....

...i thought the saw would be used as sprocket itself :wink: :roll:
:oops:

Latest posts

Back