my self-build stretch-cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, since the proportions were'nt chosen so good for riding it i cut about 6 inches out of the frame, changed the rake and put the bottam bracket about 4 inches to the front and 2 inches down.
also modified the frame for a gripshift at the toptube.
got the frame-work done yesterday, but have to correct some bad welds, anyway, here are the first pics:
1592514.jpg

1592515.jpg

greets from germany,

nils

Nickname said:

In the first photo it looks like you streched the bicycle so that it would fit the side cars next to. Then I saw that it was a cannon.

does the fork work good to smoot out bumps?

some progress:
i cut off the seat stays and replaced them with new ones following the line of the headtube so i got a little more flow on the frame :wink:
i also made the leaf spring a little stronger and threw on some grips matching the rims :mrgreen:
next i will do more or less the same to the chain stays and maybe build an "usual" springer fork out of square tubes 8)
pics:
2364523.jpg

2364524.jpg

2364525.jpg

2364528.jpg

greets,

nils

some progress:
i cut off the seat stays and replaced them with new ones following the line of the headtube so i got a little more flow on the frame :wink:
i also made the leaf spring a little stronger and threw on some grips matching the rims :mrgreen:
next i will do more or less the same to the chain stays and maybe build an "usual" springer fork out of square tubes 8)
pics:
2364523.jpg

2364524.jpg

2364525.jpg

2364528.jpg

greets,

nils

i love all the square tubing you used on this, its a pretty sick look

ShedderTony said:
i love all the square tubing you used on this, its a pretty sick look
Do what you did, but with square tube/box type construction instead of tubes and triple tree! 8)

Latest posts

Back